Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEQ6 update

spillage

I have found myself at a crossroads. With my permanent pier just weeks away I have found myself looking at upgrades. Do I ditch my dslr's and put the money to buying a dedicated cdd or do I purchase a wedge. These are both (to me) high cost items.

So the one thing I keep looking at is the rowan belt upgrade. I know its worth doing but is it also replacing the bearings at the same time if I go down this route or should I just install the belt kit and be happy with what I have. 

If new bearing are on the cards does anyone have any details on which bearings are needed or a link to purchase them.

Thanks

Spill.

well my 2ps worth, I was a big dslr user, loved doing it and there's a great sense of achievement in doing it that way, but as soon as I swapped to ccd, it became a lot easier (well not at first  :)) and the weight of one dslr was more than both ccds.

so ccds are a good upgrade, as for the mount which mine is the same, it seems to run fine as is, but I would like the belt upgrade for quietness and backlash free use

Thanks for all your advice. As much as I would like to move to ccd I think that having a reliable mount will always be the main priority so I think the belt upgrade and cleaning and re-lubricating the existing bearings will be a good start especially as my mount does have some age to it.

Cheers

Spill.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I don't get the point of changing the bearings after all the're not attached to a formula one racing wheel are they however a clean and regrease wouldn't hurt and I've heard nothing but good things about the belt mod just my pennies worth.

Archived