Narrowband

NGC 7380 Wizard In HA and HA/OIII

Rudeviewer

This is just a start to my Wizard Nebula for this season.  This the first time i have imaged the wizard and am hoping to get a full Narrowband Set of data for it.  Around 11pm it is just high enough for me to start and can image for around 4 hours till the sun starts to peak and screw the sky up.  bad part is it is pretty low in the horizon at this point in the year so i am sure i am getting some atmospheric distortion at this point in the season.  Either way this is the start.  I may try to get some bin 2x data in OIII to see how it turns out since i have not tried that with this scope combo yet.

13x1200s HA Darks, Bias, no flats yet.  since i have good weather i am utilizing it for lights.

Wizard HA quick pro - PS.png

So I don't want to clutter up the already cluttered main posting screen with Posts, so ill just post up the data here i got from last night added to the HA.  This was 11 x 1200s 2x2 OIII.  I will have to continue to add OIII to this and Maybe some SII to it as well it was a bit hard to get where it is and i'm sure colors aren't right, but i do like the color combo.  I always try to make my images the way i like them call them my own rendition.  Too many ways to skin a cat ya know.  Anyways here is what i have come up with, constructive criticism welcomed.  

Wizard Bi-Color 1st try - PS.png

• Rudeviewer changed the title to NGC 7380 Wizard In HA and HA/OIII

Nice wizard--lovely scale.  Interesting that there is no SII.  What were the mixtures you used?  I am hoping to get the Wizard for the first time as well.  It gets a bit higher for me.  I love that region of the sky.

Rodd

15 minutes ago, PatrickGilliland said:

That second version is very nice well done.

11 minutes ago, carastro said:

I like the 2nd version one with the contrast of the last one.

Nice work by the way.

Carole

Thank you both very much!  I am really liking the AT8RC.  I like certain things about each of these images.  I like the details in the second one, but really like the color of the gold and blue in the first one.   Either way they were both pretty fun to process......

Well done with your Wizard selection and variants: good job.

As a small point in otherwise great images (and I hope you don't mind the question) - I wonder, did you use a star mask when boosting saturation?  I ask as you have some coloured ringed artefacts around the brighter stars, especially in the blue OIII gaseous areas?

Archived