Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Quark still in customs

Davey-T

Just to round off my own customs experience, I've just got a letter back in response to my bor286 appeal form.  Guess what, they've decided that I should get a refund of £48 from the original £56 charges.  They won't refund the handling fee because apparently the information provided by the sender (i.e. Daystar) was ambiguous as to whether charges should be applied or not.  So maybe a note for the future would be to ask the sender to mark in big block capitals that it is a repair and not a sale.  Anyhow, all is well that ends well minus £8 but I can't be bothered with the fight to reclaim that from anyone.

IMGP5672.thumb.JPG.b4fc2e3cfc96686c8663cd7ba62e57ca.JPG

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to get mine of them F.O.C. but it took a few weeks, they also asked me for details that were quite clearly displayed on Daystars label. 

They also wanted documentation of when it was imported into the UK, they couldn't understand that I hadn't imported it originally as I'd purchased from a UK retailer, like talking to the wall :BangHead:

If it been a container full of contraband it would probably have been waved through unchecked :grin:

Dave

Archived