SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sol HA, large Prom 26-6-17

xtreemchaos

Well caught Charl, had a quick look earlier, hope to have a go at imaging shortly once I get my wife settled.

HMRC are incommunicado, I think they've gone on their summer holidays :hmh:

Dave

6 minutes ago, valleyman said:

Tried for the same Charl with the same problems as you with the cloud. Got some video but it would not stack with Regis tax.

Going to try something else later.

Pat

Hi Pat, if you're really bored you can download Virtual Dub and manually sort out the best frames to stack :grin:

Dave

13 minutes ago, valleyman said:

Tried for the same Charl with the same problems as you with the cloud. Got some video but it would not stack with Regis tax.

Going to try something else later.

Pat

I often let PIPP select the best X frames using the "total brightness" algorithm, which efficiently discards those frames most affected by clouds. I then run the result through AutoStakkert!

thanks Pat, i use the same method as Michael, just load you avi into Pipp, if colour tick convert to monochrome, tell it how many frames you want it to sort Q-wise save as bmp, tiff , or PNG then you can sort by eye what frames you want to use, then i put the frames back throw Pipp and save as a ser file then put it through AS2 to stax , it works mostly and don't take that long depending on how fast you pc is. charl. 

Archived