Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade LX200 14 inch GPS

Well, in the end I pulled the trigger on SW EQ6-R Pro(risking divorce).

After speaking with Ron on here, he gave me some brilliant advice on de-forking the SCT from the Meade arms/mount(see attached document) and it now sits and works brilliantly on the new mount.

I think the actual time took approx 45mins when I looked at the time stamps on the photos I took.

So far now, I have only used the new mount visually for the SuperMoon(moon filter as well), but blimey, rock steady and no noise, I probably know no difference, but I am super impressed with it.

I did also then use my WO Z61 to capture a small video clip as well to produce a picture(also attached).

Thanks again for the comments and information.

Moon_Bin1_20210527-010512_V001F.jpg

Deforking a Meade LX10 8inch to SW EQ6-R Pro PDF.pdf

• Like 1

Blimey, last night I added the 3.3 reducer to my Meade 8" SCT (Old LX10) on the new mount, no guiding or cooling using my planetary camera(ASI462 MC).

I took 200 x 10 sec subs, Live stacked on the ASIAIR Pro, Sky Safari said I would get this and I certainly did, photo slightly tweaked on the ipad(30 sec jobs).

I only intended a quick test......33.5 mins of data

IMG_7460.PNG

IMG_2470.jpg

Edited by KEJ
  • Like 3