Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Another try from the same night as M8, this time M16 Eagle Nebula in H-alpha, 7nm filter attached. It came out really nice I think..

Scope: Skywatcher EVOSTAR 80ED DS-Pro
Mount: HEQ5Pro
Camera: QHY168C
Filter: Baader H-alpha 7nm
Guiding camera: ZWO ASI120MC
Guiding scope: Panagor 400mm
16x200s exposure/ 53min total at -10°C 
binning 1x1

Clear sky!

Mariusz

Deconvolved IC4703 3 PS1 color brighter sml.jpg

• Like 15

Very nice image. I would love to image this (one of my favourite nebula) but my location isn't really ideal sadly.

• Like 1

Lovely capture of a low UK target,

Personally I would love to see it just In HA,

but ether way cracking job.

well done

Paul

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ultranova said:

Lovely capture of a low UK target,

Personally I would love to see it just In HA,

but ether way cracking job.

well done

Paul

Here we go.. BW version:

Deconvolved IC4703 BW sml 2.jpg

• Like 4

Nice framing.  Love this nebula, but I too find it not well positioned for imaging.  You have captured allot of the surrounding region, which I like.

Rodd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodd said:

Nice framing.  Love this nebula, but I too find it not well positioned for imaging.  You have captured allot of the surrounding region, which I like.

Rodd

Thank you Rodd, this was a testing shot. Actually my first one from dedicated astro-camera..

On 25/06/2017 at 20:49, Lynx1971 said:

Here we go.. BW version:

Deconvolved IC4703 BW sml 2.jpg

Very good this stands up to H-a I have seen from many mono cameras and only 53 mins total. From my experience of cooled DSLRs I would say you should try OIII also as it will work well by the looks of it. This camera may be a jack of all trades OSC that can succeed at narrowband also.  

Edited by Adam J
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Adam J said:

Very good this stands up to H-a I have seen from many mono cameras and only 53 mins total. From my experience of cooled DSLRs I would say you should try OIII also as it will work well by the looks of it. This camera may be a jack of all trades OSC that can succeed at narrowband also.  

Thank you Adam, I'm planning to buy OIII and Si filters in the future. Yes, that camera is very sensitive and that's why I like it very much. Didn't compared with ZWOASI1600 or the others as this is my first one.
Previously I was using Sony A7S JTW and I still have it for wider shots..
Let's see what we can achieve on next weather window..;) I will definitely extend the exposure time to 300 or more seconds.

Edited by Lynx1971

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bajastro
      1. Alcyone (Eta Tauri, η Tau, 25 Tau) in the Pleiades open cluster, spectral type B7IIIe+A0V+A0V+F2V.
      This star is a multiple system, but my goal of observation was the H-alpha profile of the main component:

Horizontal axis scaled to radial velocity:

2. Pleione (28 Tau, BU Tau) also in M45, spectral type B8Vne, variable star, the brightness changes in range: 4.83 - 5.38 V. 
      This is the faintest star, which I observed with using APO 107/700 & Low Spec spectrograph 1800 l/mm. 
      It was difficult, but obervation was positive (high gain, exposure time 4 min):

3. Tianguan (Zeta Tauri, ζ Tau), spectral type B1IVe+G8III: (mark ":" according to the VSX database means uncertainty).
      This is an eclipsing binary with variability type E/GS+GCAS, period is 133 d. The brightness changes in range: 2.80 - 3.17 V.

4. Cih, Tsih (γ Cas), spectral type B0.5IVpe, variable star with a magnitude range of 1.6 to 3 V:

5. Alnitak (Zeta Orionis, ζ Ori), spectral type O9.5Ibe+B0III. Variable star with a magnitude range of 1.74 to 1.77 V.
      Spectral lines have characteristic P Cygni profile, below H-alpha:

• By Jammy
      Sorry if I'm repeating a post anywhere, but I'm trying to find out if anyone has a Sky-watcher Evostar 80ED and a ZWO Electronic Automatic Focuser.
      Are these compatible?  The EAF manual mentions a few Sky-watcher telescope ranges, but not the Evostar.
      I've done several web searches but can find nothing.
      Maybe we should have a compatibility thread... just a thought.
    • By Mandy D
      I've just bought a Daystar Solar Scout 60mm DS for H-alpha imaging of the Sun. I am now looking for a suitable camera to use with it. I know I could use my DSLR, but for H-alpha that is not going to give best results, so am looking for a dedicated monochrome imaging camera. I have identified the ZWO ASI178MM as a possibility that fits my budget and has a large enough (I think) sensor to image the entire Solar disc if I use a 0.5 focal reducer which will give me a total focal length of 465 mm.
      Does anyone have any experience of this camera in this application, or know if it will be suitable? I know it does not have an IR blocking filter, which I understand is an advantage for H-alpha. The spec is available here:
      https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/zwo-asi178mm-usb-30-monochrome-cmos-camera.html
      Thanks
      Mandy

• By Adam Barnsley
      Hi all.
      I am looking for a zoom eyepiece to 60mm lunt. My first choices are Lunt zoom and Pantax smc xf zoom. Which will work better? Can you have any other offer? You could say something more about these eyepieces while observing h-alpha? 
    • By Piero
      I bought this filter about one year ago with the aim to protect both my Tak-100 DF and a Quark eyepiece which eventually I never bought. Therefore, I am selling it, hoping that it will go to a good home and be used as it deserves. 
      It is a top quality Baader ERF for solar viewing with Quarks. It is in excellent condition and comes complete with housing measuring 146mm. The previous owner used to fit it on an Altair 115mm F7 refractor. With some minor modification (essentially adding some padding to the internal side of the housing) it can be fitted on many other telescopes.
      It cost £550 but selling for £320 including postage. I will accept PayPal (pay as a friend) or direct bank transfer.
      Also advertised on ABS.
      Thank you for looking,
      Piero

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.