Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lynx1971

Another try from the same night as M8, this time M16 Eagle Nebula in H-alpha, 7nm filter attached. It came out really nice I think..

Scope: Skywatcher EVOSTAR 80ED DS-Pro
Mount: HEQ5Pro
Camera: QHY168C
Filter: Baader H-alpha 7nm
Guiding camera: ZWO ASI120MC
Guiding scope: Panagor 400mm
16x200s exposure/ 53min total at -10°C 
binning 1x1

Clear sky!

Mariusz

Deconvolved IC4703 3 PS1 color brighter sml.jpg

1 hour ago, Rodd said:

Nice framing.  Love this nebula, but I too find it not well positioned for imaging.  You have captured allot of the surrounding region, which I like.

Rodd

Thank you Rodd, this was a testing shot. Actually my first one from dedicated astro-camera..

On 25/06/2017 at 20:49, Lynx1971 said:

Here we go.. BW version:

Deconvolved IC4703 BW sml 2.jpg

Very good this stands up to H-a I have seen from many mono cameras and only 53 mins total. From my experience of cooled DSLRs I would say you should try OIII also as it will work well by the looks of it. This camera may be a jack of all trades OSC that can succeed at narrowband also.  

9 hours ago, Adam J said:

Very good this stands up to H-a I have seen from many mono cameras and only 53 mins total. From my experience of cooled DSLRs I would say you should try OIII also as it will work well by the looks of it. This camera may be a jack of all trades OSC that can succeed at narrowband also.  

Thank you Adam, I'm planning to buy OIII and Si filters in the future. Yes, that camera is very sensitive and that's why I like it very much. Didn't compared with ZWOASI1600 or the others as this is my first one.
Previously I was using Sony A7S JTW and I still have it for wider shots..
Let's see what we can achieve on next weather window..;) I will definitely extend the exposure time to 300 or more seconds.

Archived