Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Home Made Pier Drawings

Jkulin

Hi All,

Forgive me if it has been mentioned but I cannot find anything on the search function.

I'm contemplating making my own pier as the missus has surprisingly given the go ahead even though it would be in the middle of our lawns, I have a few engineer mates that I may be able to pull a favour in from.

Does anyone have an accurate diagram for making one from Steel or aluminium that I can pass onto my mates to whip one up.

I'm about to receive a new Skywatcher AZ-EQ6-GT, so will probably buy the adapter from AltairAstro as they are cheaper enough unless someone has drawings for that as well.

Appreciate your help.

i am currently sourcing parts for a pier ,though i am only making mine the same height as the tripod,(750mm ) 139x5mm tube at its lowest level as thats what i use it at with my sw200p , pier adapter i have picked up a secondhand one , a 300mm x 10 mm disc with a 55mm hole in centre laser cut for the base plate ,  pdf drawing for the pier adapter  EQ6 if you make yourself attatched 

eq6_dimensions (1).pdf

6 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Thanks for that, can I ask how you are going to fasten your adapter to the pier, so that you can align and level?

I am going to weld a top onto tube then drill and tap pier adapter down  access through an owl hole , pier  base will be level  so pier base will be as level as I can get it , though doesn't have to be dead level using an equatorial as polar alignment will take care of that  so no need for a birdcage 

Thanks for the reply, what concerns me is that over time there will be settlement and the mount will move, so even with say for example a 1" subsidence you say there is no need to be concerned?

6 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Thanks for the reply, what concerns me is that over time there will be settlement and the mount will move, so even with say for example a 1" subsidence you say there is no need to be concerned?

No  , PA will sort it check now and again  my base is 600 sq x 900 deep

Archived