Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter in looks very blue, how do i make it look more natural?

Hello, i am currently processing my jupiter video taken trought my iphone in registax and i already stacked it an added detail but it looks very blue, any way i can make it look more natural, i can see the great red spot but everything is in shades of blue. Please help, and clear skies!

Edit (i added the picture):

jupiter processed 2.png

Just now, Pete Presland said:

You could try the  RGB balance option in Registax 6

Now jupiter looks more like a grey ish beige, not alike the actual color of jupiter and the bands look grey.

2 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

How about reducing just the Blue channel in Photoshop/Gimp or a similar editing programme?

You can do that in registax but the bands always look another shade of the color of the planet ,not diffrent colors.

7 minutes ago, Ahgii said:

Hello, i am currently processing my jupiter video taken trought my iphone in registax and i already stacked it an added detail but it looks very blue, any way i can make it look more natural, i can see the great red spot but everything is in shades of blue. Please help, and clear skies!

If you have photoshop, or similar photo processing software you can adjust the individual channels to get the balance right, e.g. lower the blue, increase red and/or magenta, etc. It's a good idea to have a good reference image open to guide you; there are lots of great images on the web, one of the most consitent for colour balance being Chris Go

2 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Perhaps you could post an image with the best resolution in the PNG format so we could have a play to see what can be done..

Alan

Sure, you will see an edited post in just one second.  Sorry its BMP i'll try to make it PNG. Clear skies!

Archived