Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

CraigT82

Skymax 150 Mak-Cass SOLD

*SOLD*

I'm selling off all my planetary imaging kit to fund a move into DSO imaging and sadly this wonderful skymax 150 has to go.

This OTA was bought from FLO this February and is in excellent condition.  I've used it for planetary and lunar imaging and some of the pics it's captured are attached.  It comes with the original RACI finder, along with the original 2"diagonal and visual back. No eyepieces are included.

I have the original box so buyers can arrange a courier if they wish (I'm located in Bristol). Payment buy paypal (add 3% for fees) or by bank transfer (or cash on collection).

I'm looking for £375.

Cheers

Will get some pics of the scope itself up tonight.  

EDIt: there's no damage to the front of the scope, just some electrical tape to make the cap a better fit :)

5935bd2db31e8_Clavius030617.thumb.png.4e7ab1d2a0b58998254ea30d7475572c.png5925e24fd20e6_JupiterMugshotv2_web.png.7319c2af44eaae1684a6da4a7ece90f8.png

IMG_20170623_180003.jpg

IMG_20170623_175948.jpg

IMG_20170623_175941.jpg

Edited by CraigT82

Hi Craig

I am not looking to buy this but looked out of interest. It looks in good condition but you might get more interest if you explain the apparent damage to the front ring shown in the open end on photo. Maybe it's not the scope but a ring added for eg a dewshield or something?

I mean in this pic

IMG_20170623_180003.jpg

I may be wrong Shane but I think this is just the blackening on the inner side of the front objective cell / ring which would otherwise have been white ????? Not the best workmanship it has to be said ! but its a similar case on their white focusers inside the OTA.

Edited by spaceboy
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

I mean in this pic

IMG_20170623_180003.jpg

Yes the boundary between the white paint on the outside and the blackening on the inside is pretty shoddy workmanship but typical of SW scopes.  There's no damage, what you can see is some black electrical tape I put in there to make the cap a better fit and it's peeling away a little. on the right the tape is overlapping the white paint a little.

• Like 1

Cheers Craig, I just thought it might help if people are thinking of buying such a scope and worried by what is of course likely to be different in the flesh :happy11:

Personally, I am always more concerned with what it's like to look through rather than look at and the images certainly confirm it's a fine instrument.

• Like 1

Hi Craig, I was looking at this scope the other day thinking I'd like to get one but can't justify the cost, quite serendipitous that you've posted this ad! I'll PM later to discuss.

16 hours ago, Roysten said:

Hi Craig, I was looking at this scope the other day thinking I'd like to get one but can't justify the cost, quite serendipitous that you've posted this ad! I'll PM later to discuss.

No problem just ask away if there's anything you want to know, or if you want any more pics.

Craig