Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi....again, been away for a while

superjody

Hi all
ive been away from stargazing for about 3 years, it was a new exciting hobby when i first started out but weather and other stuff got in the way, i found that i was getting my stuff out about twice a year....I ended up selling it as it was just sat doing nothing and i needed the space it was taking up.
my old set up was a skywatcher 250 on an eq6 with a few eyepieces, filters and a philips webcam plus a few little bits.
Last night i purchased a secondhand skywatcher skymax 102 synscan at a bargain price of £75 as a small lightweight toy thats easy to set up and move around, not like the big heavy lump i used to have (which i loved).
I was a bit shocked at how small it was when i turned up but still got it anyway having read up good reviews about it and knowing that it has a 1300mm focal length.
I am yet to try it as i bought it the day before the longest day of the year...as you do ha ha.

Il mainly be doing moon and planets in my light polluted garden near manchester as i was with the old gear.

Il be asking for some advise on it in the near future for eyepiece upgrades for it and its capabilities etc, like its maximum viewing capabilities and dslr photography on it

Cheers

Jody

Hi Jody welcome back, hope you get the right results from your new kit, a bargain by the way, the

weather hasn't changed much, but it can't get any worse, I hope. 

Clear Sky's.

26 minutes ago, ronl said:

Hi Jody welcome back, hope you get the right results from your new kit, a bargain by the way, the

weather hasn't changed much, but it can't get any worse, I hope. 

Clear Sky's.

its only a toy for now, im still short on space due to other things i have going on.
maybe one day i will have a large set up again

My first scope was a Skymax 102 - on a camera tripod - and I loved it. I dare even say that I got more pure enjoyment from it than my current 'scope. Whether this was because I was seeing every object for the first time, or if it was just the simplicity of set-up, I can't really say. I would say however that it is by no means a 'toy'.

I hope you have some great nights soon now that the nights are drawing in! :icon_rolleyes: :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Stargazer33 said:

My first scope was a Skymax 102 - on a camera tripod - and I loved it. I dare even say that I got more pure enjoyment from it than my current 'scope. Whether this was because I was seeing every object for the first time, or if it was just the simplicity of set-up, I can't really say. I would say however that it is by no means a 'toy'.

I hope you have some great nights soon now that the nights are drawing in! :icon_rolleyes: :biggrin:

first scope is always amazing. seeing things you have never seen before blows your mind. my first was a skywatcher 130 newtonion and it blew my mind. i then upgraded to the 250 as i got a bloody good price on it and that blew it even more

Archived