Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

dusty Broom and more dust

toxic

just having a quick 5 panel mosaic only 1 x 600 sec HA at Binn x 2  per panel.

it took ages to get each image as i had to manually align each panel on the screen before taking the next sub but now i have them i can get the rest and then start building them up.

stacked in DSS and combined in MS Ice594a997390fef_5pannelMosaic-jpg.thumb.jpg.ca592da67ebc9ac0327898176fc3fe92.jpg

all comments welcome

thanks for looking

I'm not an imager but to me it's a lovely image of one of my favourite observing targets Chris :icon_biggrin:

I think the triangular patch of nebulosity on the right of the frame is Pickerings Triangular Wisp.

Super image, also one of my top three targets to observe, it's mesmerising, you have 

captured it perfectly, I have observed it for three nights, but not tonight, first cloud here for almost a week," gutted".

Check your framing. I think you've got a flip in there. Have a look at thd Cygnus Loop in Stellarium.

If the pointed end of the Broom is up then 52 Cygni is on the right and the Triangle is on the left.

Ooh yes, that's even better.

I'm too much of a lazy little so-and-so to do mosaics (Plus I don't get as much imaging time as I'd like), but I may do a two panel with the 80 f/4.4 and the ASI. Stellarium suggests it would fit nicely. May do SHO or possibly NHO as a preliminary survey suggested a good [NII] signal.

5 hours ago, swag72 said:

Looking good :)  What a glutton for punishment you are!!! I am working on a 6 pane mosaic and that's bad enough... but 16 *shock horror* :D 

thanks Sara it gives me something to do with all these clear nights we get :wink:

Archived