Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium 0.16.0

alexwolf

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed something strange when I was customizing the info level. Today the Moon has absolute magnitude 0.21?

It's correct value.

I have a request because I have my mind set on a 4K monitor: will Stellarium in the future have adjustable font sizes? We may need that with pixels getting smaller. Looking forward to version 17. That will be super awesome!

We cannot "resolve 4K" issues, because developers doesn't have 4K devices.

Thanks, Dave, Alex.

I'm still confused. Isn't the absolute magnitude  the brightness that a celestial object would have if it were at a distance of 10 parsecs?

The absolute magnitude of the Sun is 4.8. How can the absolute magnitude of the Moon be 0.21?

It must be that I don't know how the absolute magnitude of the Moon is defined! Does anyone know?

1 minute ago, Ruud said:

I'm still confused. Isn't the absolute magnitude  the brightness that a celestial object would have if it were at a distance of 10 parsecs?

It's correct definition for stars, but for planets use different definition of absolute magnitude (brightness of body at distance of 1 AU from the Sun).

11 minutes ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Perhaps he should have click on the upper-left box in 'Filter by type?'

Other wise it's just like my system - but I have no such problem.

D.

Clicking on the filter by type box doesn't solve it. I must have misunderstood your earlier posts, I thought you had a similar problem before you reinstalled. This must be something different.

Oh mine was all messed-up as well. But the 'Cold Install' fixed that situation. And has not with yours. Or so it seems. Such is why I'm perched here watching what happens to fix your problems with this. I, too, want to see the solution to this. We appear to have entered un-charted territory.

Glad you called upon Alex, or he just happened by. From my (limited) experience - you should be up & running by now.

Hang in there!

Dave

10 hours ago, alexwolf said:

@cuivenion, @Dave In Vermont, please check version  0.90.0.9740... :)

Hi assuming I downloaded the right version, I still have the same problem. I got it from here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Home-Education/Stellarium.shtml

I tried both the x64 and the x64 dev version. I unstalled the previous installation each time. Just to confirm I'm using Windows 10 Home (build 1086.1045) 64 bit.

Intel I5 (4200M)

8 Gig Ram

Intel HD Graphics 4600

It's not the latest windows build. Is that something that could pose a problem?

Cuivenion - you should find that version here

BTW Alex I haven't tried this install yet, but is it standalone which I can install in another directory, or does it need to be installed on top of V16 ? I'm just wary of unsettling my stable version esp as it work well with Stellarium SCope

5 minutes ago, Tommohawk said:

BTW Alex I haven't tried this install yet, but is it standalone which I can install in another directory, or does it need to be installed on top of V16 ? I'm just wary of unsettling my stable version esp as it work well with Stellarium SCope

Yes, you can install it in separate directory.

1 minute ago, alexwolf said:

I'm sorry, but apparently I don't understand your problem.

No probs I'll go back to 15.2 then. I have also tried 16.0 on another laptop with a different windows 10 build and I'm getting the same problem, it was a fresh install with no previous installations of Stellarium on it.

49 minutes ago, cuivenion said:

No probs I'll go back to 15.2 then. I have also tried 16.0 on another laptop with a different windows 10 build and I'm getting the same problem, it was a fresh install with no previous installations of Stellarium on it.

OK, I've found where is I made misprint. The fix will be available for testing in next beta (I guess tomorrow).

Archived