Narrowband

Stargazing On The High Seas

Stargazer McCabe

Well, we would be if we were on the same boat as all our gear being shipped back, I was going to say "home", but at the moment we're nomads..!!

Originally from England we've spent quite a while overseas, but it's time to settle down, be closer to elderly family and where we've been educating the kids...

So as early retirees and long term Stargazers we're adding another dimension to the property searching; every location we're heading out to from our "rental" is cross referenced on the LP Map to allow us to escape what blights so many on this crowded island...

I'm told the boat with the gear and clearing customs should be another 4 weeks or so, but I'm estimating more ! It should be darker by then anyway.

Ed

Welcome home.  I've spent quite a number of years living abroad and it changes your perspective when you settle back home (which is a GOOD THING.)  House searches are hard, but in fact even harder with no constraints.  So prioritise your LP mapping results, and perhaps combine them with precipitation charts, to end up with your ideal search location(s.)

Very best of luck - we expect pictures of the observatory when it gets built, and pictures from the gear thereafter!

6 hours ago, AKB said:

Very best of luck - we expect pictures of the observatory when it gets built, and pictures from the gear thereafter!

Ha ha... That's something to consider certainly... I'll introduce the concept to "mke wangu" at an appropriate time...

43 minutes ago, Stargazer McCabe said:

I'll introduce the concept to "mke wangu" at an appropriate time...

Ah, Swahili, I believe?  Known often here as SWMBO or CFO.

Archived