SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Albireo

ollypenrice

On a whim last night, our guest Paul and I decided to grab a bit of Albireio data, 12x10 seconds per colour, before knocking off. These things are harder to process than you might think!

TEC 140/Atik 460/Mesu 200. RGB.

594928d19414d_ALBIREIOweb.thumb.jpg.03b03a15c85c56dc3136b97b11933294.jpg

Do you reckon Al will send me a free 31 Nagler for posting this version below? Sure to, eh? Cheers, Al.

594928f297997_ALBIREIOTeleVuesmall.jpg.f7d5b85107a8a0b3098edf63877cc72e.jpg

Olly

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

When did I stop being able to spell Albireo??? 

:eek:lly

Today Olly :icon_biggrin:, but as we know spelling errors can soon be corrected.
On the subject of your subject, It is a beautiful double, and It's one I would always present to any guests at my Obs.
Invariably it was very warmly received,. and the  description of           "Isn't that just a pretty sight"   
would regularly be heard.
One would think Albireo had been deliberately plonked into that star field, each complimenting the other.

People tend to grab a dictionary & Thesaurus when they see me coming - and install a 'splash-guard.' That's a beautiful photo(s) of this! Thank you! New wallpaper for me!

A-L-B-I-R-E-O (Albireo) is my absolute favorite double-star of the Summer skies. And a great one to lure people into an interest in astronomy with! People really enjoy being led to think about two-stars in orbit with each other. If you're are sneaky in leading them to do so...

DON'T think about a Horse's White-Tail,

Dave

Had a look myself on Saturday night, there being few choices due to the light sky. I used my recently built ED80 binoscope at 24x and can't remember seeing the contrasting colours being so vivid before.    :icon_biggrin:

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

When did I stop being able to spell Albireo??? 

:eek:lly

Just before knocking off?:wink:

Lovely picture. Sometimes the seemingly simple things are the hardest.

Lovely picture.    SteveA is right, we overlook double stars in favour of the DSO celebs.    I think it is because by themselves they do not offer the   'structue' of a complex nebula or galaxy. But put in the context of a star-field, they are simply beautiful.

1 hour ago, Petergoodhew said:

Love it Olly. Shows that you don't always need 20 hours of data capture to produce a beautiful image. You've inspired me to have a go at it.

I thought English teachers were supposed to know how to spell?

They are.

Olly (Defrocked.)

40 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Lovely Olly, my first love amongst doubles, thank you. I'm not going to comment on the spelling though, it's all been said. But tut tut ?

I don't do words no more Gov., I does pichers like.

Olly

25 minutes ago, gorann said:

Very very petty Olly,

I am just slightly puzzled that I there are no faint fuzzies around in that nice starfield. Goes to show that the universe is not uniform.

I'm sure there will be but the idea here was to try to replicate the EP view of the star. I dare say someone will do 'Albireo with an Ha background' but not in five minutes just before dawn!

Olly

44 minutes ago, gorann said:

Very very petty Olly,

I am just slightly puzzled that I there are no faint fuzzies around in that nice starfield. Goes to show that the universe is not uniform.

16 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

I'm sure there will be but the idea here was to try to replicate the EP view of the star. I dare say someone will do 'Albireo with an Ha background' but not in five minutes just before dawn!

Olly

If you upload the image to astrometry.net, my guess is you're very likely to find a number of faint fuzzies. The universe is so uniform that it's hard to miss them.

The light is just 'drownded out by all them stars.'

Edit:

but not by image solving in PixInsight. That solver only returns stars, no galaxies

Archived