Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Trying to identify

Wpit

Hi Trying to idenitfy the piece of kit I recently aquired with my new telescope. I thought it was some kind of barlow with a missing lens. Can anyone identify please? Sorry I chose eyepiece forum as it was the closest fit.

IMG_1869.thumb.JPG.f9fa1be1907ee577654d31ccbdd02246.JPGIMG_1868.thumb.JPG.bc90bb86297c4c30dafa8517ef7d8659.JPG

It looks like a camera adapter / extension tube for eyepiece projection photography. You put a T-adapter on the wide end to fit your DLSR camera, an eyepiece inside the adapter and then put the other end in your scope.

Not being an imager I can't give you any more details but here is a link to a similar adapter:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Telescope-Camera-Adapter-1-25-034-Extension-Tube-T-Ring-for-Canon-EOS-Metal-DC618-/371353884023

Thanks a lot, that does make sense I have the t adapter so I'll give it a try. Recon I'll need to seek some advice on how best to setup my Nikon dslr camera for pics.

Archived