Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp.jpg

5 posts in this topic

I am using a Baader Hyperion 36 mm 72° eyepiece with the Starwave 152mm Refractor and cannot get focus unless I use extensions for visual - for imaging it is imposible. Any Ideas ? Ernest  Ernest

If you are using the 36 in 1.25" mode with a 1.25" diagonal it could explain this?

No, not using it at the 1.25 setup, that would defeat the purpose of the 2" eyepiece, for visual I am using it at full 2" and need spacer rings to use it with the stock 3" focuser without any flattener/reducer combo-just the original tube/barrel assy. for Imaging it needs 3 x 40mm spacers to even get it near the camera sensor focus. Any ideas welcome. Ernest

I use mine with 2" diagonal and a selection of eyepieces from 6mm to 31mm without any problems.

In straight though imaging mode I need 2 X 50mm extensions to reach focus.

Dave

8 hours ago, Davey-T said:

I use mine with 2" diagonal and a selection of eyepieces from 6mm to 31mm without any problems.

In straight though imaging mode I need 2 X 50mm extensions to reach focus.

Dave

Okay, then I am not alone, I was trying to find another way to do this but I guess that's the way to go, thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By starryMcStarface
      Hey 👋
      I took delivery of a Skywatcher 200p last night and got it set up ok I think. I got a good view of Jupiter with the 25mm lens but when I put the Barlow lens in I couldn't focus it.
      I also tried the 10mm lens but it made everything grey, no real light comes in at all. It came with a thing that might be called a focuser extension, not sure, but it didn't help.
      What rookie mistakes am I making? 
    • By Tinkerbell2
      Hi All,
      I'm very very new to this - so be gentle with me! I've inherited a Helios 150 telescope which I'm learning how to work. I observed the Moon through this a few years back, and it was brilliant, and I'm keen to share the sight with my children.
      The problem is I can't seem to focus the view finder. I can find the Moon of the spotter scope, very clearly, but when I look through the main eyepiece - a PLOSSL 10mm - I can see the light of the Moon in the back ground , but can only seem to focus on tree branches that are in the foreground- very clear relief - in the foreground.
      What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it if possible? Very grateful for any replies. Thanks.
    • By kz1bob
      Hi All,
      New challenge I am running into. When I add a filter wheel on my Bresser AR102s I run out of travel when trying to focus in. I have removed all the extensions and still can't focus in. Am I out of luck or is there something I can do? I am reading up on Focal Extenders am I heading down the right path?
      Thanks for your help.
    • By adarshajoisa
      I recently acquired a Meade Lightbridge 16" scope (f 4.5), and realized that I'm unable to focus with my barlow attached ( the barlow is a Celestron X-Cel LX 3x barlow). After some experimentation, I found that it's because the focal plane of the primary is too short - it's just at the end of the focuser when it's fully retracted. By removing the 2"-1.25" adapter, I found that I'm able to focus with the barlow if it can go about 6 mm further in. 
      Other than cutting my truss tubes to shorten them, or buying a lower profile focuser, is there any cheap, DIY method by which I can achieve focus?
      An astronomer friend of mine suggested fully tightening all the primary collimation knobs, so that the primary mirror moves up a little inside the OTA, thus bringing the focus further out of the focuser, but that didn't help ( it probably moved upwards only by a couple of millimeters)
    • By astrocatinfo
      Good night,
      I have a Shoestring Astronomy automatic focuser. But it does not memorize the absolute position... 
      Will it be necessary to add encoders in order to use it on a full robotic setup? I'll use SGP.
      Thanks so much,
      Aleix