Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_widefield.jpg.36065d79cb2625eb299137a5b4432c96.jpg

usingen1    1

I am using a Baader Hyperion 36 mm 72° eyepiece with the Starwave 152mm Refractor and cannot get focus unless I use extensions for visual - for imaging it is imposible. Any Ideas ? Ernest  Ernest

moriniboy    559

If you are using the 36 in 1.25" mode with a 1.25" diagonal it could explain this?

usingen1    1

No, not using it at the 1.25 setup, that would defeat the purpose of the 2" eyepiece, for visual I am using it at full 2" and need spacer rings to use it with the stock 3" focuser without any flattener/reducer combo-just the original tube/barrel assy. for Imaging it needs 3 x 40mm spacers to even get it near the camera sensor focus. Any ideas welcome. Ernest

Davey-T    9,271

I use mine with 2" diagonal and a selection of eyepieces from 6mm to 31mm without any problems.

In straight though imaging mode I need 2 X 50mm extensions to reach focus.

Dave

usingen1    1
8 hours ago, Davey-T said:

I use mine with 2" diagonal and a selection of eyepieces from 6mm to 31mm without any problems.

In straight though imaging mode I need 2 X 50mm extensions to reach focus.

Dave

Okay, then I am not alone, I was trying to find another way to do this but I guess that's the way to go, thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stu
      Quite a few bits and bobs to shift. All items £2.50 P&P
      Enjoy!
      ADM MDS Dovetail plate adapters i.e. Mini dovetail clamps x2 - £15 each, £27.50 for two.
      Moonlite 1.5" focus extension tube - £30
      Telepak1 without vixen clamp, handy gadget for adding a second scope to a counterweight bar, I used it on a Giro mount. - £25 inc P&P
      T2 Quick changer and rotator, only 5.5mm optical length - £22
      2" to 1.25" adaptor, set screw not compression ring - £7.50
      Alan Gee Mark II Telecompressor, reduces SCTs to f5.9 with flat field - £120
      6x30 Finderscope with o ring but no bracket - £7.50
      1.25" erecting Prism - £12.50 x 2
      EOS to C adaptor with CS spacer - £22.50
      25mm Super Plossl - £10
      Payment via PayPal fees paid or gift, bank transfer also ok.

• By Doublek42
      I'm brand new to this site, but I'm having an issue with my Celestron Powerseeker 127eq telescope. It's brand new right out of the box today. I have another telescope, Zhummel Z10, but the celestron just won't focus. It gets so close to focusing and just needs a little more. 

Any my help is appreciated thank!
    • By Altaf
      Hello, 

Am very new to this so apologies right from the start. I have recently just bought a skywatcher akyliner dobsonian 200p and i set it up. However the image is very blurry even when i remove all magnification and just look into the primary mirror eveything looks very blurry including the moon or nearby trees etc. I am unsure what the issue could be as i am eager to get started on my stargazing! 
      Could someone please assist me or at the very least point me in the right direction. 

Kind regards

• By starryMcStarface
      Hey 👋
      I took delivery of a Skywatcher 200p last night and got it set up ok I think. I got a good view of Jupiter with the 25mm lens but when I put the Barlow lens in I couldn't focus it.
      I also tried the 10mm lens but it made everything grey, no real light comes in at all. It came with a thing that might be called a focuser extension, not sure, but it didn't help.
      What rookie mistakes am I making? 
    • By Tinkerbell2
      Hi All,
      I'm very very new to this - so be gentle with me! I've inherited a Helios 150 telescope which I'm learning how to work. I observed the Moon through this a few years back, and it was brilliant, and I'm keen to share the sight with my children.
      The problem is I can't seem to focus the view finder. I can find the Moon of the spotter scope, very clearly, but when I look through the main eyepiece - a PLOSSL 10mm - I can see the light of the Moon in the back ground , but can only seem to focus on tree branches that are in the foreground- very clear relief - in the foreground.
      What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it if possible? Very grateful for any replies. Thanks.