Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

White light solar 18 June

FenlandPaul

Thought I'd make a filter for my dob by repurposing a Baader filter from my old ST120.  Not exactly a slimline solar scope, but it seemed to do the job today!  It's hot out there!!  Written details should be self-explanatory.

Paul

image.thumb.jpeg.86e74d50f081e8ae20e916786fd0091b.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Nice one Paul

So how did the dob solar view differ from the ST120 solar view?

Thanks Alan. It's been a couple of years since I had my ST120 so I can't remember entirely. Today's seeing was fairly poor, and my boys having a water fight within 20 yards of true scope probably didn't enhance the comparison. But it fared ok; it will be interesting doing it in the early morning when the seeing is better. As it happens I'm thinking about reacquiring an ST along with a Herschel wedge, so I'm sure that would trump these Baader solar film views!!

not sure I'd be getting the dob out in the work car park for a bit of lunchtime solar like I used to with the ST!!

Paul

Archived