Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

North American and Pelican Nebula

dyfiastro

Good afternoon everyone

Last night was spent testing out an old vintage lens that I had looked at for a while and recently managed to get a well looked after copy for the right money.
The test highlighted a few issues and how could potentially be used in the future. Not having a dark sky at present does limit things however being able to do tests and alterations whilst still wearing a T-Shirt is a massive bonus, The following image is the result of last nights test.
The lens I was testing was a Tair 3A, made in the USSR in the 60/70's.
Using my modified 600D the lens gives decent results however leaves large red halos around stars, some of these I did manage to process out but not really a workable solution.
I intend putting the lens to one side as I have read that it fares a lot better in narrowband and something to work towards.

15x300s f/5.6 @ISO800

59468dc59d115_NorthAmericaandPelicanNebula.thumb.jpg.f57e94654312e25b91cecc43a45ec01e.jpg

Archived