SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

B-143 in Aquila

peter shah

Its been a while since posing, just too busy at work and Ive been working on the scope and mount. Stripping it back and re-greasing the mount and recoating the optics so with our wonderful UK skies only giving about an hour and a half of almost dark skies I thought I go for this dark nebula in Aquila.

The scope and mount performed beautifully, guide errors were minimal and collimation is near perfect giving pin stars all the way to the edge.....very happy with the test shot.

Thanks for looking

Description

B-143 in Aquila exposure time 3x600s in Red 3x420in Green and 3x530s in Blue. Scope 300mm F/3.8 Newtonian Astrograph and Starlight Xpress H-35 full frame. No Flat, Bias or Dark frames taken for this image. Processing Photoshop CS3

B143-web.jpg

9 hours ago, peter shah said:

Its been a while since posing, just too busy at work and Ive been working on the scope and mount. Stripping it back and re-greasing the mount and recoating the optics

Nice image. Did the coatings fail on the ODK12- not what I thought would happen on a 'premium' scope?

2 minutes ago, laser_jock99 said:

Nice image. Did the coatings fail on the ODK12- not what I thought would happen on a 'premium' scope?

No Not at all they were just grubby....just me being over the top...they really only needed a wash but I ended up having them coated while they were out the scope.... all that time left out in the observatory with high humidity I would periodically run the dehumidifier but not often enough it would seem.

18 hours ago, peter shah said:

..I've also got a new scope on the way so I will be finding  a lot more time :thumbright:

... and what might that be? Don't be shy now.

Good to see you back with a "test" image! 

Regards Andrew

8 hours ago, andrew s said:

... and what might that be? Don't be shy now.

Good to see you back with a "test" image! 

Regards Andrew

Yeah I know anything after a tweak or clean I tend to call a 'test' image.....I've spent some time designing a modified Dall Kirkham. It will be a 250mm, carbon truss design fully corrected across a 50mm field. Ill let you know how it goes.

Nice shot.  Down time is frustrating.  Its amazing how fast the time goes by.  Before you know it, you have to wait till next year to finish an image.  I like teh inky darkness in your image.

Rodd

22 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Nice shot.  Down time is frustrating.  Its amazing how fast the time goes by.  Before you know it, you have to wait till next year to finish an image.  I like teh inky darkness in your image.

Rodd

Thank you Rodd, Yep had to wait a few times before. Very difficult to know how to process the blacks as everyone's monitors are calibrated differently

Just now, peter shah said:

Thank you Rodd, Yep had to wait a few times before. Very difficult to know how to process the blacks as everyone's monitors are calibrated differently

Yes--that is frustrating as well.  I have 2 monitors and they are very different.  Never sure which is better.  The great ones look good on all monitors, I suppose.

Rodd

Archived