Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Scope tracking just drops out randomly - Sitech/Mesu/SGP

kirkster501

That's close.  But you don't want to have to wait for 30 minutes until you Meridian flip - or else you will need the ability to go 1 hour past.  You just need to be able to go up to 30 mins if necessary.  So set up SGP to flip as soon as it can (although it will wait for a chance to do so after the image is captured), and give SiTech the ability to go 30 mins past.  You already have my SiTech settings (pay special attention to the over under pole settings).  Here are my SGP settings (these could be improved - maybe I could do with some mount settling (whatever that is) and I could cut my close delay like you have):

SGP_Meridian.jpg.d47e0db8f5e4e8741e8688b5196054a3.jpg 

I don't know if it is important to enter a value for scope focal length or not.  You may as well. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant Steve, thanks.  Will change it to that.

I am getting the new pier PC, as per Steppenwolf Steve has done, on Wednesday so will eliminate the USB hub.  I've never been happy with USB hubs.

I think you still have my address don't you Steve?

I expect you up here within 30 minutes of your successful meridian flip, clutching a chilled bottle of Bolly and a tube of Pringles.

1 hour ago, gnomus said:

I think you still have my address don't you Steve?

I expect you up here within 30 minutes of your successful meridian flip, clutching a chilled bottle of Bolly and a tube of Pringles.

I was going to bring you a bottle of gin when we've sorted it Steve ;)  Seriously.........

8 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

I was going to bring you a bottle of gin when we've sorted it Steve ;)  Seriously.........

Damn.  If you'd told me that I would have driven down to your place days ago......

So far so good... Gone with a 15 min exposure in blue filter even though a tad light still. Guiding looks bang on.  The exposure is not bad either considering it's still quite light - a bit of field rotation and focus out a bit but I can address that anytime and easily, it's the mount issue that's important, I won't be using this data. Looking good........ Dare I hope yet........

5946fd0a6907e_sofarsogood.thumb.PNG.231eb8a82d19b13307dab6f1eb06bbf6.PNGM13.thumb.PNG.5aba6b14177f3868f6f3a40d5a4ac2d6.PNG

Doh, did it again.  Tracking just stopped.... :(

It was after image downloaded and dither started....  Must be a data issue on PC I think and guiding struggles after downloading the image and loses the star and all hell lets loose

594701794fb21_diditagain.thumb.PNG.566d63c60a2ccb06fc749e0e7e05eb32.PNG

I press start button on Sitech window and it just won't start again - sometimes flashes up Tracking for two seconds and drops back to status stopped.  Hence subject drifts off.

Going to bed. Exasperated.  I was fine with my NEQ6 and EQmod.... :(

1 minute ago, kirkster501 said:

It is enabled in my TEC equipment profile but not in Control panel options under telescope tab.... ???

Yes.  That is because the Control Panel is using the old settings.  Do File - Apply Profile To Sequence and Resave Sequence.  Then Sequence - Reset Sequence (Preserve Progress).  Then try running the sequence again.

Archived