Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Magnificent Veil Nebula and Milky Way

GavStar

Even when I have reckoned it was “good” on the IOW, the locals have piped up at they have “seen it much better”…. Makes me rather envious! I prefer the autumn for all big milkyway, though there is this area around scorpius that I have never really had much ability to observe and which requires summer observing. I could do with a hunt for some dark nebulae and a crack at a sharpless 27.
Stu if you're planning a deep sky trip to the southdowns, I wouldn’t mind the opportunity to help you get aquatinted with some of my expansive nebulous friends. The region north of Arundel appears to be the best.

Estwing (and your mobby friends) there be starparty plans for the IOW around October 13th, you are more than welcome to come (you won't even need to bring your tents).
Cheers

PEter

PS I can easily the beat the veil... try Barnards Loop.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PeterW said:

Stu if you're planning a deep sky trip to the southdowns, I wouldn’t mind the opportunity to help you get aquatinted with some of my expansive nebulous friends. The region north of Arundel appears to be the best.

PEter

Peter 

I owe you a night driving my scope so if you and Stu organise a night somewhere dark give me a shout.  It would also be great to observe with you again buddy :) 

We will definitely get something sorted Steve. As ever it comes down to weather and availability vs family and work commitments for everybody but I'm sure we can work it out!

Archived