Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Luminos 7mm eye piece

Mattwaters

Hi All, 

I have a Celestrone stargazer EQ90, I brought a stargazer accessory kit for about £50 with a x2 Barlow and a few cheap lenses/ filters. Although viewing with them is quite poor and blurry. I've been looking at getting the Luminos 7mm which I think should give me around 140x magnification which Isn't to bad....... for my scope. I was wondering how people found expensive lenses on cheaper scopes and thier different experiences of this? I don't want to spend £100+ on a eye piece if it's redundant for my scope. 

Thanks

One here for £75 on the clearance section:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/clearance/clearance_celestron-luminos-eyepieces_65479.html

If you buy it it will stop me from doing so once payday comes round ;) 

At around 140x it should be good for planetary observing under average seeing conditions. I like the Luminos range, very comfy and quite easy to see the full 82 degrees unlike some others. The only downside for me is glare/reflections when viewing near bright objects like the Moon. They show some degree of edge of field brightness too, but then again so do some premium priced EP's I've heard. Very good build quality and the 7mm is manageable weight wise. They start to get heavy 15mm and above, but this is the case for a lot of wide eyepieces 70 degrees and above. 

Archived