SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi

M94 Galaxy taken over a couple of nights. 145mins, worth of 5 mins light frames. Using the ES 102mm APO refractor on a AVX mount

No darks, but with flats and bias calibration frames 

Used Canon 450d camera (um-mod) with CLS filter. Stacked with DSS and processed in PS 

Thanks for looking, feedback gratefully received :) 

Cheers 

Deanm94-145mins-nodarks-dssinitial-ps01.thumb.png.34f195583a71d35cdeb9a5638e7f7405.png

Yes, guiding worked well. In the corners you have elongated stars. But the direction of the longer axis suggest a flat field issue. Do you have a flattener with your scope? The large camera sensor reveals any off axis optical blemishes of the scope. If you want perfect stars all the way to the corners, you'll need a field flattener, and get it at the correct distance between optics and sensor.

Personally, I think I would just crop my images somewhat. With a dslr sensor, there is usually room to spare.

No flattner with the scope! I think cropping is the way at the moment. Eventually want to upgrade camera havent decided which way to go yet. OSC or another DSLR. Although admiring peoples images they tend to be mono camera's with filters. Because of LP in my areas to want to squander the the money with equipment i can use occasionally 

Also the other factor is  practicing all this processing in PS.

Dean 

Archived