SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks great Wookie.

Nig sigh of relief all round that it turned up OK.

My experience of using Hermes 200+ times is 199 positive and one lost parcel, paid out on insurance very quickly.
So I would still use them.
As others say the communications poor and the local drop of service is the fly in the ointment.

Enjoy your wedge.

Yo Paul mate !

"Thank you everyone cannot wait give it a whirl thank you all for the advice. If I get the shadow right and see the sun does anyone know what to do on the handset (EQ5 goto) Synscan to track the sun please. "

Set up, get pointing north, that's where a predrilled patio comes in handy. Get balanced, turn on, go through your normal settings , date and time aren't required to be accurate. Add summer time though ! Then come to Align, put in "no". Then move the scope using ra and Dec until you line up with the Sun. Then when it's there , get onto tracking and select solar rate. Enjoy !

old Nick.

Archived