Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, johninderby said:

The continuum filter does increase contrast a bit. Not a huge difference but if you're looking to get the most out of the wedge it does give you that little bit more.

John

I agree. It gives a little bit more. Does that justify the cost?. For visual observers i have to be honest and say no (too late for me,as i have one). If solar imaging is your thing, then yes......every little helps. I'm happy to have one and to use it. If i ever feel like hooking my camera up to the scope i'm sure it will be of greater benefit.

So, lets just say that the solar continuum filter is a luxury rather then a must have.

Well not turned up today getting a bit worried as fella said pay by friends and family through PayPal. Sent me email Sunday saying all parcelled up ready for posting Monday. I have posted stuff before signed for turned up next day. I have emailed him ask how he posted especially since charged me a fiver for special delivery. Am I being fussy. 

44 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

A quick google of the seller suggests he's quite active in an astro-society from his area so looks a genuine sale etc. There could be any number of reasons for delay or no response but it does get frustrating.

I did check him out before handing money over and see he has other items for sale. Despite this not replied to my email and now a txt still no wedge today postman been and gone, I emailed yesterday asking how he posted it either with royal mail signed for or tracked either of the last two I would of done with this item. So I'm still waiting if he posted Monday should of been here today. 

Good news of a sort seller txt back said posted with Hermes and I should have email with tracking number I don't he supposed to have checked and it is "out for delivery"  said Hermes takes 3 days we will see. 

I think that if you e.g. use the drop off service it's only collected on a working day do drop off Sunday, collected Monday or Monday and Tuesday then three days to deliver would be today so relax as the sun's coming out - you might even get a chance to use it today!

3 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

My experience of Hermes has been the opposite although I do get them delivered to and collected from work in general. Never had a problem. 

Mine too. I've used them over 50 times including a couple of continental deliveries. They are not the fastest but they do the job and the tracking system works.

The trouble with Hermes is the variability of the local delivery agents. They are really low paid so while you get some good ones there are a lot of rubbish ones. If you've got a good local one fine but if you haven't they can be a nightmare. Never had a problem with DPD  but have had some very bad experiences with Hermes. Simply won't take the risk of using them anymore.

John

I suspect couriers are like WWW service providers, holiday companies and many other service providers - you can find horror stories about all of them and happy customers for all of them.

good luck buddy - keep the faith :happy11:

put the polariser on the eyepiece BTW and turn the eyepiece while looking to get the effect. before first use, just have a check the ND3.0 looks in good condition - hold up to light (indoors) and you should hardly see any light through it. without holding to light it's purplish black.

Archived