Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASCOM All Sky Camera Software

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running 0.9.11.0 X64, the works, however the x and y values should be with reference to the ROI, not the camera sensor sixe - perhaps you can add this to the instructions? My circle was centered on the sensor centre, not the ROI at first.

Also, the red circle on the preview, shown as a dotted line, is so hard to see, I didn't know it was there at first - maybe the width of the dotted line can be set much higher, or if you feel really brave, give the user a choice of colours, widths and even opacity?

Is it possible to 'draw' an active image area, rather than a circle or is that too much at this stage? Or maybe you can do as some cctv software does it, split the ROI or full sensor area into a grid of multiple squares, and let the user select the grid area showing sky only, to make up the exposure target area.

Hello,

I may be miss-understanding but I think the way it is implemented is that the 'Active Image Area' settings will be relative to the ROI frame i.e. if the active image area centre is set as x=100 and y=100 then it will be measured from the top left corner of the ROI frame. Is this what you meant?

In general when using subframe (ROI) capture, ALL other settings will be referenced against this. You could say that once the subframe capture is set the application does not really know/care about the full size of the sensor any more. This means everything (e.g. overlays, bad pixel maps, dark frames etc. must be redone using the size of the subframe). I will try to highlight this in the next version of the documentation!

I'll also try to make the red circle more conspicuous. I know that the 'active image circle' setup might be a bit clunky but it usually doesn't take long to get the circle right and it's probably not something that you will do all the time. That's not to say that your suggestions are bad, just that they will probably be low on the priority list.

Thanks for the input!

Mike

Yes that's right - I didn't know that, so at first tried the x/y from the sensor corner, not the ROI. This was apparent once I found the red circle that I couldn't see at first.

I then thought ok, take the x/y from the ROI corner et voila - it was correct.

I thought I'd mention it to help anyone else who may have been confused too.

Regarding the options I mention I tend to think out loud when I see something I think will be an improvement, and I agree, they may not be as important as other factors (stability, speed etc.) but would be very useful later on.

Another thought is flats - is this on your list? Not a great issue to do manually to each saved frame in post processing, but maybe it could be automated in the same way as darks / BPMs?

Sorry I just realised that we are posting in an old thread which still refers to the old AllSkEye Yahoo support group which will soon be removed. For anyone looking to try out the software please have a look at:

https://www.allskeye.com

I will try to get this thread locked so we are not bringing it up again ?! Let's continue the discussion here:

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/322797-allskeye-all-sky-imaging-software-windows/

Thanks!

Archived