SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

first narrow band image

brrttpaul

I bought the asi1600 with the zwo wheel and filters  in May this is the first chance to get everything up and running, although its by far the most money I have ever spent on anything and had my doubts I love it, also Im using SGPRo and so far it just works for me havnt had no driver issues or anything

Thx very much for the comments it does mean  a lot, if at a later date I want to add Sii and Oii using sgpro again and the plate solve, do I put i roughly where I think this is in the sky (using CDC)  then using the image do a plate solve will it give the exact co ordinates or am i thinking of it all wrong?, also if for example I do the Sii and the Oii do i stack them individually then stack Ha,Sii and Oii together to form one image? I stacked the Ha sub in Maxim im guessing its just a matter of stacking the others the same then stack the three together

Nice image. My asi1600 arrived today. Hope my first go with it is as good. Waiting for filters to arrive and dark skies so it will be a good few weeks yet. Can I ask other owners if they can recommend a suitable power supply for the camera? I see it says 12v and 3A but not sure which tip size the lead would need. Thanks and look forward to seeing more images.

Hi - nice shot and good depth.  

I am currently processing data from the veil complex captured using a ASI 1600mm and a TS71 and have decided to try without guiding with short 40s subs and 300 gain  

How many subs did you use, their length and what was the gain used please ?

Archived