Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 188: 6,8 billion years old

elpajare

NGC 188 is an open cluster in the constellation Cepheus. It was discovered by John Herschel in 1825. Unlike most open clusters that drift apart after a few million years because of the gravitational interaction of our Milky Waygalaxy, NGC 188 lies far above the plane of the galaxy and is one of the most ancient of open clusters known, at approximately 6.8 billion years old. NGC 188 is very close to the North Celestial Pole, under five degrees away, and in the constellation of Cepheus at an estimated 5,000 light years distance, this puts it slightly above the Milky Way's disc and further from the center of the galaxy than the Sun. (Wikipedia)

BRESSER AR 102 ED + INFINITY + 10X10" stacked.

NGC 188 OC CEPHEUS 10X15 S3,1 25º M0 BRESSER+INFINITY.jpg

52 minutes ago, Ben the Ignorant said:

You were in a conversation about that Bresser achromat in Cloudy Nights, right? It was interesting; see how this guy improved a Bresser AR 102 by making the distance ring between the lenses thinner (from 5mm to 4.68mm).

http://interferometrie.blogspot.be/2017/06/3-short-achromats-bresser-ar102xs.html

Ben, in my opinion this scope performs enough well for Videoastronomy. Some minor retouching with Gimp or others and you can have good results.

The price is very important too at time to make comparisons with other more expensive Ota.

As always the choice of a telescope will depend on what we want to do with it. This tube, in my opinion, is good for photographing fields of stars with short exposures and a posterior treatment of the image to correct imperfections.

It is part of the entertainment

I do not know how he managed to do that guy but I would not dare and more seeing the result so little spectacular.

The point of video-astrophotography was it's open to all. You can spend a million $$££'s to do it. Or as little as the current cost of a cheap web-cam.

It was side-tracked into high-priced gadgets, cams, etc. - but it's good to see it's coming back to it's intended roots. I have a friend who creates truly beautiful images with rather cheap (inexpensive) equipment, and some is my favorite 'wallpaper!'

Thank you for your shoot of NGC188 - it's very nice indeed!

Have Fun,

Dave

I'm agree with you. We can make some beautiful thinks with low cost material helped with the digital methods of enhancing photography.

No rules! Experiment freely with the technical possibilities of the 21st century!

Archived