Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Should i do this.......help please.

Hello all,looking a bit of advice here,i am thinking of selling my LX 200 12" and replacing it with an EQ6 and maybe a C 9.25.

I am mainly thinking of going down the AP route,hence this set up.

I have a C80ed which would be good on an EQ mount and a 12" newt that may be able to use on the mount for visual only.......

Also i dont really know what price the Meade should sell for as i hav'nt seen many come up for sale.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Any reason to lose the LX200 ?

Just thinking that in monetary terms by the time you sell it and then purchase an EQ6 and 9.25 you will likely have made a greater out lay then just buying say an HEQ5 on it's own and put the 80ED on that for imaging.

Like you I am not sure the price you may get for the LX as they are not often seen and they may not command a great deal. They are nice and will likely run forever but people seem a bit negative on Meades - no idea why as every club I know uses a large Meade or 2 or 3.

I can understand that the LX is somewhat big and a fair weight.

Archived