Narrowband

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/06/2017 at 19:49, Stargazer McCabe said:

That is simply sensational. I like the inverse version as well. What an interesting alternative way of seeing it. Congratulations on APoD. Well deserved

Ed

Thank you Ed - much appreciated.

On 28/06/2017 at 20:26, alan4908 said:

Excellent details and colours Mike, extremely well processed !

Alan

1 hour ago, Petergoodhew said:

Mike - that's truly magnificent.  I'm not surprised you've got an APOD for it.  Totally deserved.  I've never seen Omega Centauri in such incredible detail.

Thank you guys, that is very kind of you.

• 7 months later...
On 05/02/2018 at 21:00, lux eterna said:

Better late than never I found this stunning image. Overwhelming just got a whole new meaning, congratulations to this trophy !

Ragnar

Thanks Ragnar, much appreciated.

On 05/02/2018 at 21:04, lux eterna said:

I forgot to ask, why iso 800 for all subs ? Isn´t iso 200 the optimal setting for Nikon D5300 (better DR) ?

/Ragnar

Good question!  I have changed the ISO I have been using a number of times as I have read and experimented more.  At the time, 800 was chosen to ensure that the read noise was insignificant compared to the signal level ( noting that dynamic range is not an issue as I am producing HDR images built up from different exposure durations ).  Currently I am experimenting with 250 as I understand that it is the minimum value that has >= unity gain and I think that read noise may not be as significant as I thought when taking 4min exposures in moderately light polluted skies.

Cheers

Mike

On 08/02/2018 at 21:50, Tom OD said:

First time I ve seen this image. Thats a beauty, well worthy of an APOD.

Tom

On 08/02/2018 at 22:13, gonzostar said:

Simply stunning picture. One day will see this for myself :) 

Thanks guys, much appreciated :)

On 11/02/2018 at 11:15, MarsG76 said:

Congratulations... It is a excellent image, and on APOD is where it belongs. Good stuff.

On 11/02/2018 at 11:15, MarsG76 said:

Congratulations... It is a excellent image, and on APOD is where it belongs. Good stuff.

Thanks Guys, much appreciated.

Archived