Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Morpheus issue

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame that the supplied eyecups are not adequate. Usually Baader produce throughtfull designs and get details like this right (eg: the Baader Zoom comes with a choice of 3 eyecups). Maybe some constructive feedback from owners / prospective owners will be helpful to Baader :icon_scratch:

1 hour ago, John said:

Usually Baader produce throughtfull designs and get details like this right

I agree, this is the first Baader eyepiece I have owned, and eyepieces apart it seems a great bit of kit - a bit like a hand-grenade in form and weight (which I do think my scope does struggle a bit with), but the build quality looks and 'feels' exceptional, the EP seems to focus across a very large part of the large FOV, the eye relief makes it comfortable to use etc.  The only draw back is that you've only got to flick the flimsy EP and it vanishes off the end of the unit - I do not know why they didn't use the useful and serviceable M43 thread which is under it to make an eyecup which positively screwed into place.  That is what I've suggested to them.

Archived