Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Day Time Jupiter

Rise and shine, litterally.

At the end of the day, but still in broad day light I caught Jupiter with my 8" f/3,8 Newt. ES Coma corrector, 4X Powermate, 26 mm cheap Plössl, quick shot with iPhone 6. Just to show it's possible. A bit of contrast added in Camera+.

But please DO the visual, and get a hint of that Star Warsy feeling of having a giant planet right next door shining through the light blue shroud of your atmosphere!

Good luck, everyone!

Bjorn

IMG_2566.JPGEdit: Was taken on Sunday, June 4.

Early bird astronomy is good for the little kids too. This made it possible for my son to see Jupiter a good deal before his bed time (then hopped between Jupiter and the moon not far away, for my son to be amazed by the craters). 

Great post and image :icon_biggrin:

I find observing Jupiter when there is still lots of light in the sky shows really good planetary details and contrast which can be much harder to tease out when you view the planet against a dark sky.

1 hour ago, Dave Lloyd said:

I'm guessing go to is a boon? 

I did a blind two-star allignment, just let the scope slew, ok'd it. From app I roughly knew where to look for "ol' Jupe". DEfocused on the moon, searched for Jupiter and found the defocused smudge, and let it sort of track from there. It would slip upwards in my FOV, I'd just correct as necessary.

Archived