Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200P-DS replacement

Last October I had a small issue of Terra Impulsum which resulted in damage to the mirror of my F5 200mm reflector (SkyWatcher 200P-DS astrograph) and distortion of the vanes.

I expect (fingers crossed) to be in the position financially - pending sign off by SFO - to purchase a replacement reflector.

F5 is nice and fast, much more becomes problematic when collimating apparently, so I would prefer not to go much faster (the matching 0.9 coma corrector made it f4.6 anyway)

I currently have the Equinox Pro ED80 refractor. FoV 120' x 90'

The FoV of the SW200P-DS suited me with my Canon DSLRs. Around 60' x45' i.e. around half the FoV of the refractor

Have recently purchased ZWO's ASI1600mm-c with filter wheel which gives me similar FoV to the DSLR.

I would want to keep the weight under 30 lbs if possible 

Budget, c£1800

Any suggestions.

17 hours ago, darknight said:

what about an 9.25 celestron? or a sct, smaller size, so bit more compact, not as quick though

Guiding my F10 8" SCT is difficult enough :) the  9.25" is going to be more so would it not? :( and the FoV of 25' x 20' is much tighter than I was looking at.

However looking at the 9.25" there is, in the same price bracket, the 8" Edge, I could get that to replace the existing SCT, still leaves me looking tho :( 

well I would say the 10" Quattro but been put off them a bit lately, think its a bit like marmite.....maybe should rename them to f4 marmites.

if you liked the scope what about same again or a bit bigger then?

2 minutes ago, darknight said:

well I would say the 10" Quattro but been put off them a bit lately, think its a bit like marmite.....maybe should rename them to f4 marmites.

as one who actually likes Marmite :)

• 2 months later...

Archived