Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flick hat for raspberry Pi controlled mount

artoleus

Now this could be an interesting addition to a raspberry pi (Indi) controlled telescope mount.

https://thepihut.com/collections/flick/products/flick-large-3d-gesture-sensor-panel

i guess some code it could be written so the main indi server thinks the inputs are a joystick.

The panel could be attached somewhere near the focuser so that fine adjustments can be made with gestures when viewing through an eyepiece. 

i assume it works in the dark because I think it is electromagnetic rather than visible. 

I just think it would be extremely cool to be able to control the scope slewing with gestures. What do you think?

25 minutes ago, Jonk said:

Nice idea, but what if a spider walks across it?!

Generally in the UK there aren't spiders with legs the size of fingers.  Besides I'm sure you can turn off control if unattended or unwanted.  Perhaps by having a certain gesture to activate slew for say 2minutes.  Like a circle. 

Archived