Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads-up 20" mirror....

estwing

2 hours ago, Racey said:

As Oscar Wilde had Lord Darlington say in Act 1 of Lady Windermere's Fan: "I can resist everything except temptation..."

:rolleyes2:

And as Mrs Race says in her stern voice... "No" 

:argue:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-6 at 15:22, Stu said:

Saw that, but it was far from certain what the mirror actually was, no f/l spec or surface accuracy info I don't think?

iT'S BACK   --     http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Astronomy-Or-Telescop-Huge-22-Mirror-/332268209800?hash=item4d5cba8688:g:FN4AAOSwhvFZJKNP

Looks like a big lump of polished alluminium, it's not a mirror as we know it Jim :wink:

I think I would need to test it before committing 2k. Not that I think the guy is dishonest or anything,
but that graph means nothing really, a proper certificated test report from the Optician who figured it
would have been good. He said he couldn't find the Certificate, he ought to have guarded it as well as the mirror itself
He said nothing about who produced it, he should remember that I would have thought.
I'm being a bit sceptical, but two grand is a chunk of money, although I suppose if  needed reworked,
It could tempt someone to buy it

Archived