SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Correcting tilt on Skywatcher 130 PDS

Hi,

While imaging with my Skywatcher 130 PDS I have discovered that I have some tilt in the focuser. I can see this while trying to collimate, I seem to get a shift when I change the focus.  

I believe that I can correct this by taking apart the focuser.  Does anyone have any experience with taking apart the focuser? and how to correct the tilt?

Thank you for your time and feedback.

Fakhri

PS I hope I posted this in the right place. :)

As long as your 100% sure you have collimated the secondary and primary correctly including the depth of the secondary along with correct position of the spider vanes then you can give the focuser a go at collimation. There are 6 screws around the base of the focuser. Manipulate these the same way you do your primary. One locks, one adjusts. Larger is often the adjustment one. If you search sgl there are members who have posted in depth methods of squaring up a focuser using laser collimators bouncing off the back of the ota but I tend to do it by eye myself.

It's all on SGL with a quick search but hopefully someone already has the link to hand that helps.

HTH

Edited by spaceboy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, spaceboy said:

As long as your 100% sure you have collimated the secondary and primary correctly including the depth of the secondary along with correct position of the spider vanes then you can give the focuser a go at collimation. There are 6 screws around the base of the focuser. Manipulate these the same way you do your primary. One locks, one adjusts. Larger is often the adjustment one. If you search sgl there are members who have posted in depth methods of squaring up a focuser using laser collimators bouncing off the back of the ota but I tend to do it by eye myself.

It's all on SGL with a quick search but hopefully someone already has the link to hand that helps.

HTH

Thank you.  

Well I hope I did everything correctly.  But I will recheck everything before I start. :)

I did try a search, but I did not get anything results.  Again I will recheck, no harm in that. :)

Thanks again :)

1 hour ago, al-alami said:

Thank you.

Well I hope I did everything correctly.  But I will recheck everything before I start. :)

I did try a search, but I did not get anything results.  Again I will recheck, no harm in that. :)

Thanks again :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...