SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mojo gone on hearing of events in London

Peco4321

I've been having a great session, imaging comet Johnson now M92, waiting for Saturn to rise above the neighbours house roofs, testing my new bins, I check my phone and see what's going on in London, I now feel totally flat, dejected, angry and worried. Think I'll just pack up. 

My mate is an officer in the Met. He won't be getting much sleep for the next few days I'm sure. 

Im extremely grateful to him and all his colleagues in all the services who routinely put themselves in harms way to deal with this kind of incident. Keep up the amazing work you've done tonight boys and girls. 

Very upsetting. Lost for words. How people can do such a thing? There are medics, engineers,t artists. And then such creatures. How can we be of the same species is beyond me. Simply horrific. 

5 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

extremely grateful to him and all his colleagues in all the services who routinely put themselves in harms way to deal with this kind of incident. Keep up the amazing work you've done tonight boys and girls. 

I'll second that John.. thoughts with all involved, and all who work to keep us safe.. amazing people.

It certainly brings the frustration of clouds in to ridiculous perspective doesn't it!

Mine too. Yet more misguided morons after virgins in heaven. Something a bit sick even about that. I am pleased that deadly force is now seemingly a matter of course for these pathetic losers.  Prevents the need for us to pay for their upkeep.

Guys,

Believe me it's because of citizens like the members on this site that we will seize and win the day from these religious nut jobs.  Teach your kids, friends and other family members about science.  Introduce them to astronomy and get them looking up in wonder at the beautiful universe we are lucky enough to inhabit.

Above all, never ever pack up.  To hell with them, they are few and we are legion

Clear skies my friends

Rick

I think all around the world, societies need to teach something pretty important in addition to science. We need to teach everyone about tolerance, of others' views, their faith or lack of faith. Monocultural intolerance is all too prevalent in a range of cultures around the world. That is what has stoked up this sort of atrocity.

Although natural that normal thinking persons should be affected to the point of losing their mojo for their personal interests, make sure that it is temporary otherwise the perpretrators have gained part of what they desired. Terrorists 1  astronomers 0 must not be the scoreline.  

12 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

Although natural that normal thinking persons should be affected to the point of losing their mojo for their personal interests, make sure that it is temporary otherwise the perpretrators have gained part of what they desired. Terrorists 1  astronomers 0 must not be the scoreline.  

Very good point. Mojo back, but so is the rain.

Terrible news just sometimes hits hard and leaves an empty feeling, concentration goes, and you simply can not do anything about it, but they will never win so the astronomers, and society in general, will always be in front. 

On 05/06/2017 at 21:29, Peter Drew said:

Excellent point. Just to be clear, my mojo disappeared at the point I learned what was happening. It returned the next morning when I woke up to bright sunshine and my scopes still sitting on the patio awaiting the addition of a Quark and a Baader Wedge :wink:

Archived