SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturday 3rd solar

Pig

Quite a nice sunny morning in Northampton so I thought I would set the Quark up in the diagonal.

There are not any huge proms about the disc today but there are some beautiful smaller proms between the 12 & 5 O'Clock positions, a couple are detached and these are always great to stare at. There is also a nice plaged area about the 5 O'clock position, which probably accounts for the prom activity, which is giving some wonderful views. The surface in general is also delivering that wonderful kaleidoscopic type appearance so if you get the chance it is well worth a look.

Happy Ha
Shaun

Glad you are up and at it Shaun :) 

Have had a quickish look already, you describe the features very well. The AR looks great in White light too, followed by an area of faculae. Patchy cloud here so hopefully more opportunities to come.

Thanks Charl, it is a bit patchy here also but there are some nice big gaps so i will keep it set up for te time being..... the forecast is looking good for tonight so fingers crossed and I might get a double double of my own :happy8: if I get to see the Lyrae twins it may be a double double double !!!! or would that an octagonal !!!!

The seeing is getting a bit wobbly here Peter as the sun get higher .... I keep popping in and out of the garden and I can concur that the surrounding proms have certainly intensified in density, they are very thick and have formed quite a striking loop..... and as you say there is lots of activity close by too... it might go pop if we are lucky.... :happy8:

I caught the glaring earlier I think, certainly it is not as bright now.

There is a very fine, curvy line extending to the left of the AR (PST view) which is great when the seeing steadies.

Archived