heads up new spot with flare on limb 1-6-17

xtreemchaos

just a heads up , theres a new spot on the limb, there a big flare coming out of it, ive just got some data, clouds being nauty here, hope you all have better skys, charl. 

heres a qwick pic , just staxed, its gone now :hmh:

592fe2d90c434_HAflareSOL_102454_pipp_g6_b3_ap3118.thumb.png.5f667b59f499faf65b52ae34c47fd171.png

theres also a nice prom on the off going limb

That's a good image.   The small filamentary prom is actually connected to the spot.  I don't think I have seen that before on a posting.  Great stuff.

Alas I am with the in-laws and outlaws today , so no crafty sneaking a peek......

Thanks for the 'heads up' - its clear in Hereford at the moment accept for some hazy high cloud.

Just viewed with the PST - a flare still coming from the new sunspot 2661. Lovely arching prom on the western limb.

Going back out whilst I have some Sun.

Some clear patches at last. Spectacular activity in and around the latest AR. A large arc of material projecting from the limb at the moment, the smaller components changing shape and brightness almost in real time. Looks possible that there is plenty more waiting to come into view, an area worth keeping an eye on. Not often that large, excellent proms on the opposite limb play second fiddle.  :icon_biggrin:

Archived