Solar Probe.

xtreemchaos

thanks John, its took a long time coming, but in my view it like sciences = to looking into the eyes of god, without getting too over dramatic, it will hopefully conferm what we know and show us much more that we don't. charl.

14 hours ago, jACK101 said:

I believe they are sending it at night to get over the temperature problems.

The Irish did that already.  (sorry any irish folk-just a joke and you have my permission to send up an englishman).

I'm just thinking it is either the Chuck Norris of space probes or, for the cycling initiated, the Jens Voigt of the space exploration community.

Like you charl, I can't wait to start seeing the product of this project.

This announcement puzzled me, I'm sure I read about it in AN a few months ago. I suppose it's no puzzlement really, I take it this was just the big public reveal but those in the know get to know a while before hand while it's still in the early planning stages.

Either way this is going to be up there with the most exciting NASA missions for me 

I can't resist re-telling this old chestnut:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"We are going to send men to land on the Sun!"

"But won't they burn-up?"

"Don't worry! They'll land at night."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'll go back under my rock.....

Dave

Archived