Narrowband

Likely NB targets?

DaveS

I'm thinking that with the nautical "darkness" we now have, plus the moon coming round again, (L)RGB imaging is probably out until after the Solstice. I was planning on getting more data for my M13 image, but not sure it's worth it ATM, may have to park it until July now.

So that leaves NB imaging. M16 is too low from here, leaving it buried in London's LP plus my rubbish southern horizon. The witch's Broom might be a possibility but will have to wait until after 1 o/c I think, and I would like to be imaging before then. M57 maybe? but it's a bit small at 910mm fl. NAN shares the same problems as the Witch's Broom, plus it's not my favourite object (Sorry, it lacks the fine detail that I'm after).

Anything else I may have missed?

You raise a good point - I wonder if anyone has produced a month by month list for the most 'efficient' imaging targets given a specific location?

I tend to look at Stellarium weekly and have a wild guess at what's coming up, but hopefully someone's already done the work!

And no I'm not volunteering!

Thanks for those.

I've been running Stellarium for the past few days trying to come up with believable NB targets, and keep coming back to the Cygnus Loop. All the other likely targets are either too low into my rubbish southern horizon or else too small for my FL.

Might have a look at the Crescent, it looks do-able

The only question now is whether to run with the Photoline at f/7 with the ASI or reduce it to 682 with the APM Riccardi and go with the Trius. I'm inclined to the latter but still undecided.

Agreed, and bookmarked.

I also decided to go with the reducer and Trius, setting the wheel with R, G, B and [SII], [NII], HII, [OIII] filters. Could do with an 8 pos wheel.

Well I'm having another go at the Witch's Broom while the moon is out of the way.

Just doing 2 hours of HII in 10min subs.

Perhaps after the solstice when the nights start getting longer and the Broom higher I'll feel able to give 20min subs.

Archived