SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Greetings from West Yorkshire

BigBeard

Hi all, I've been lurking here for a while so I thought it was time to say hello, hello :icon_biggrin:

I have always been fascinated by the night sky but never taken the interest any further, until recently that is, when I got a new telephoto lens for my camera and started taking very bad pictures of the moon! When I started poking about on the internet for tips came across some of the mind blowing photos of DSO's ( learning the lingo :icon_biggrin: ) and decided I'd really like to have a go at that, I'm not kidding myself about the results I'll achieve but I look forward to trying and learning on the way almost as much as anything else.

So, lots more reading to do before I decide on equipment but I have been sensible and set a budget, yeah that'll work!

PS - Carl Sagan said "There is no such thing as a dumb question", we'll see about that :happy8:

Welcome from land down under

Heaps of help here when finally deciding to choose a scope

Great idea to go along to a club night, of local astronomy club, as members only very keen to show you their scopes

Big choice, is what you want to get out of a scope

Just viewing moon, planets and other deep space objects, or want to venture into astrophotography as well

For viewing only, then a Skywatcher 10" collapsible scope is the way to go, as easy to set up, and just aim and view

If astrophotography, then need something with "goto" to enable tracking of image you capturing

Then something like a Skywatcher ED80 on a EQ5 or EQ6 mounts

Happy Viewing

John

• 2 weeks later...

Archived