Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

FLO at the SGL Star Party

2 hours ago, FLO said:

If anyone wants us to bring an item to the SGL Star party please let us know. 

We will check the thread then pack requested items before heading to Lucksall :smile: 

Yeah, can you bring plenty of those Zarkov cloud zapper guns down please? We need to make sure we have clear skies, so zap those clouds away we must! ;) 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you bring 2 things for me please.

A Polar Illuminator - https://www.firstlightoptics.com/polar-scopes/polar-illuminator-for-eq3-2eq5-mounts.html

and a Bahtinov Mask for the Evostar 80ED - https://www.firstlightoptics.com/bahtinov-focus-masks/bahtinov-80-ed.html

Can see myself investing in a couple of other things on the day....

Many Thanks :) 

22 hours ago, FLO said:

As promised FLO will have a trade stall on Saturday (10am - 1pm in the Welcome Tent). It will be a relaxed affair (no hard sell!) but with plenty of deals on the day.  I.e. 10% off all ZWO cameras and accessories and 10% off all our Baader products. We'll also have a number of reduced price Celestron products and some discounted demo/customer-return items. 

As always please say if there is something specific you would like us to bring to the SGL Star Party. 

We can also now confirm 10% discount off all Explore Scientific products ordered at the SGL Star Party :smile: 

So: 

10% discount off all Explore Scientific products

10% off ZWO cameras and accessories. 

10% off Baader Planetarium products. 

A number of reduced price Celestron products. 

A number of discounted demo/customer-return items. 

4 minutes ago, FLO said:

We can also now confirm 10% discount off all Explore Scientific products ordered at the SGL Star Party :smile: 

So: 

10% discount off all Explore Scientific products

A number of reduced price Celestron products. 

A number of discounted demo/customer-return items. 

It's getting to the point of being financially viable to fly back from Spain for a day's shopping now :icon_biggrin:

On 09/10/2017 at 16:47, FLO said:

If anyone wants us to bring an item to the SGL Star party please let us know.  

I don't think I'll need any cables, but I wouldn't be surprised if you get requested for such things as power leads, USB cables and/or USB hubs (forgotten to pack or failed on the day).  

Well thats it, we are packed and good to go :smile: 

We'll check this thread before we leave for Lucksall tomorrow so please say if you have a last-minute request. 

The full list is now: 

10% off Explore Scientific eyepieces & telescopes

10% off all books 

10% off BST Starguider eyepieces and barlow 

10% off Meteorites

10% off a number of binoculars

10% off David Chandler Planispheres

10% off HitecAstro Dew Controllers

10% off Hotech Laser collimators 

10% off Lynx Astro power cables & EQDIR adapters

10% off Rigel & Telrad finders

10% off Telegizmo telescope covers

10% off Vixen SLV eyepieces

We are looking forward to seeing you there :smile: 

I wasn't there, but doesn't that look great?  (I think the bank manager might have been pleased that I didn't attend!).  Some of those EP's look stonking bits of kit.  Did you take some things so that folks could 'try before they buy'? 

You are a great company - the way you helped me with my new telescope and then helped to sort out the base was wonderful - I still have a squeak-free experience btw.  I am pleased to hear that you had a good time, maybe if I ever manage the trip myself you will be back for another visit!

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2017 at 16:40, FLO said:

Regarding your Artesky Flat Field Generator, we don't have one here but we think it might use the same 2-pin DC Jack as Sky-Watcher's EQ8 mount. 

We guessed wrong. The Lynx Astro cable for EQ8 mounts uses the same plug but Artesky have wired their Flat-Field generator differently, the + and - are the other way around! 

That certainly explains why it wouldn’t work with the Lynx cable. It works fine with the car socket to 2.1 lead.

We’ve had a similar problem with French caravan site electrics - most of the time they switch live and neutral at the supply point!

Anne

Archived