Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

FLO at the SGL Star Party

Some have noticed the dates for this year's SGL Star Party clash with the International Astronomy Show. Fortunately IAS is only 1.5 hrs drive from the SGL Star party so if you wanted to you could attend both reasonably easily. 

But this year First Light Optics will have a stall at the SGL Star Party :smile: 

And, because the SGL SP is a significant event in it's own right we should  be able to offer you the same promos and discounts available through retailers at IAS (assuming the product/brand is one we stock).  I.e. we have already agreed the same 10% discount off ZWO cameras. 

See you there B)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FLO said:

A few people have noticed the dates for this year's SGL Star Party clash with the International Astronomy Show. 

Actually, it is the other way around. SGL announced their dates before IAS (it's a small point but one worth making) :angel:

Yahoo! Just booked three days for Friday 13th, Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th! ???

I couldn't give a car registration when getting the tickets as I will by then have a new car, so I don't know what the actual registration will be for the new car. Do I need to contact Lucksall direct when I know the registration of the car, or you at FLO?

Here's hoping for nice clear skies! ????

On 02/06/2017 at 13:00, Knighty2112 said:

Yahoo! Just booked three days for Friday 13th, Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th! ???

I couldn't give a car registration when getting the tickets as I will by then have a new car, so I don't know what the actual registration will be for the new car. Do I need to contact Lucksall direct when I know the registration of the car, or you at FLO?

Here's hoping for nice clear skies! ????

Please advise Lucksall when you know your new car's registration :smile: 

(They have a number-plate recognition camera at the entrance gate/barrier so need to enter it into their system before you arrive). 

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/05/2017 at 13:57, FLO said:

... because the SGL SP is a significant event in it's own right we should  be able to offer you the same promos and discounts available through retailers at IAS (assuming the product/brand is one we stock).  I.e. we have already agreed the same 10% discount off ZWO cameras. 

See you there B)

Celestron-UK have confirmed we will be able to offer the same promos offered at the IAS, at the SGL Star party :icon_salut:

Baader Planetarium too, if they make offers available through dealers at IAS they will also be available from FLO at the SGL Star Party :smile: 

Will post more info when we can. 

• 3 months later...

I have been speaking with Grant, he says this year's ticket sales for the SGL Star party are near identical to last year's :bino2:

As promised FLO will have a trade stall on Saturday (10am - 1pm in the Welcome Tent). It will be a relaxed affair (no hard sell!) but with plenty of deals on the day.  I.e. 10% off all ZWO cameras and accessories and 10% off all our Baader products. We'll also have a number of reduced price Celestron products and some discounted demo/customer-return items. 

As always please say if there is something specific you would like us to bring to the SGL Star Party. 

We are looking forward to seeing you there :smile: 

1 hour ago, FLO said:

As always please say if there is something specific you would like us to bring to the SGL Star Party. 

We are looking forward to seeing you there :smile: 

Did you ever find out the type of socket for the Artesky flat field generator? Also, I’m short one of my 12 volt power leads, the ones with 2.1 plugs both ends. Can’t find it and I don’t want to have to power my mount with a mains plug if I can help it. I’d like a 2 metre one please. 

Thanks

Anne

23 minutes ago, Anne S said:

Did you ever find out the type of socket for the Artesky flat field generator? 

I wasn't aware we were looking for an answer to that question. Also, we stopped stocking Artesky products several months ago and, as far as I can tell, we haven't sold an Artesky Flat Field generator to someone named Anne.

Are you sure it was us you contacted? 

23 minutes ago, Anne S said:

I’m short one of my 12 volt power leads, the ones with 2.1 plugs both ends. Can’t find it and I don’t want to have to power my mount with a mains plug if I can help it. I’d like a 2 metre one please. 

No problem :smile: 

Just to be sure, is it this cable you are wanting? 

Steve 

Yes. It plugs into a Hitec Mount Hub Compact one end and my Ioptron Ieq30pro the other (or my Starlight Xpress H694 at home, the current cable is too short for me to put it down somewhere when I want to add something to the imaging train, hence 2metres!)

Anne

8 minutes ago, Anne S said:

Yes. It plugs into a Hitec Mount Hub Compact one end and my Ioptron Ieq30pro the other (or my Starlight Xpress H694 at home, the current cable is too short for me to put it down somewhere when I want to add something to the imaging train, hence 2metres!)

No problem, we'll have one for you :smile: 

Regarding your Artesky Flat Field Generator, we don't have one here but we think it might use the same 2-pin DC Jack as Sky-Watcher's EQ8 mount. I will try to confirm before we leave for Lucksall. 

53 minutes ago, FLO said:

No problem, we'll have one for you :smile: 

Regarding your Artesky Flat Field Generator, we don't have one here but we think it might use the same 2-pin DC Jack as Sky-Watcher's EQ8 mount. I will try to confirm before we leave for Lucksall. 

Not sure if this helps, but I just checked mine and it looks the same.  16mm with 6mm pin centres.

20171009_173103.jpg

20171009_173056.jpg

59 minutes ago, RayD said:

Not sure if this helps, but I just checked mine and it looks the same.  16mm with 6mm pin centres.

20171009_173103.jpg

20171009_173056.jpg

Thanks RayD, I’ve no idea about different connectors. I just wanted to replace the original accessory port plug with one with a 2.1  jack on the end as I’ve loads of empty inputs on my Mount Hub Pro and no spare accessory sockets. It’s much tidier.

Anne

6 minutes ago, Anne S said:

Thanks RayD, I’ve no idea about different connectors. I just wanted to replace the original accessory port plug with one with a 2.1  jack on the end as I’ve loads of empty inputs on my Mount Hub Pro and no spare accessory sockets. It’s much tidier.

Anne

Ah OK Anne.  It didn't seem FLO was sure of the size of the plug, so I thought I'd confirm this.  

Agree with the hubs, I use them too, and generally buy a spare cable, chop the end off and solder a new 2.1mm plug on.

11 minutes ago, RayD said:

Ah OK Anne.  It didn't seem FLO was sure of the size of the plug, so I thought I'd confirm this.  

Agree with the hubs, I use them too, and generally buy a spare cable, chop the end off and solder a new 2.1mm plug on.

Unfortunately I can’t solder and my husband prefers not to. My previous flat panel has a non solder 2.1 jack fitted which is huge! 

Thanks for confirming the size, I bought the panel earlier this year but that seller doesn’t list any power leads suitable for the MHP.

Archived