Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This is 2 hrs and 40 minutes in 30 second subs. Gain 399, offset 50. Cooled to -20

Star 71, on an Az Eq6

Asi1600mm

5 nm astrodon Ha

Stacked in dss and processed in ps. Master dark used. Initial stretch using levels, curves. Noel Carboni's star reduction, and local contrast enhancement. Noise reduction using ps, and selective sharpening using a layer mask.

Richard.

592ae61b334be_Buttercopy67.thumb.jpg.3aaa69304a06ae8d00f16fcc6630876e.jpg

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

That is one great image Richard and love the focus as well.

How are you focusing if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. Bahtinov mask for focus. I don't even know where to start in getting it automated.

23 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Love that Richard...... A super mono with great contrast and processing :)

Thanks Sara. Glad you like it.

Lots and lots of motorised focusers in the market which are not that expensive at all but then it's another piece of string consuming another port on your laptop but surely makes life so much easier :)

You checking your focus in between the exposures or just do the initial focus and leave it for the rest of the night?

27 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Lots and lots of motorised focusers in the market which are not that expensive at all but then it's another piece of string consuming another port on your laptop but surely makes life so much easier :)

You checking your focus in between the exposures or just do the initial focus and leave it for the rest of the night?

If i was imaging early in the evening i would check focus every hour, but as this was early summer i just did initial focus and let it run while in bed. Focus definitely changes during the night but not by a huge amount.

1 minute ago, Allinthehead said:

If i was imaging early in the evening i would check focus every hour, but as this was early summer i just did initial focus and let it run while in bed. Focus definitely changes during the night but not by a huge amount.

Thanks for clarifying that Richard. Much appreciated. 

Archived