Narrowband

M20 Trifid nebula from Sussex

carastro

Spotted the two consecutive clear skies forecast and decided to get myself down to our dark campsite for a couple of nights.
LRGB
Lum 7 x 600secs
Red 9 x 150secs Binned x 2
Green 6 x 150 secs Binned x 2
Blue 12 x 150secs binned x 2
Baader filters

ED120 + FR x0.8
Atik314L 
HEQ5

I did take a bit more Luminance than this but somehow managed to put it on Ha and 5 x binning !!!:icon_scratch:

The new click lock I bought seems to have dealt with the tilt in the corners. 
This is very low for the UK but at least this campsite has a good sky line in the south. 

3ce616f7946df8028266a35ed571fa9c.1824x0_

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wish I could get somewhere dark

Well no reason why you can't get to the same site Dave, you have a campervan, it's in East Sussex just below Bewl Water, though I realise you need to bring your wife as well which makes the packing effort greater.   If you're interested PM me as the interest in my local group is waning as many have moved to darker locations and therefore the need to get to a dark site no longer exists for them, and it would be nice to have a few more.

Thanks every-one for your nice comments.  I would have liked to have got more data, but apart from 30mins of subs which I stupidly captured in Ha at 5 x binned that was all I could manage over two nights by the time it rose and before Dawn started to arrive at 3.15am.  

Carole 

• 1 month later...

Hello, I find that reprocess much better, at least there's much more dust structure visible. I wish you get more data to bring the blue reflections around.

/me has waited for clear skies on weekend for nearly 2 months now to have a retry at imaging it (either cloud coverage or moon). Lucky you...

Nice Carole--you have it all captured clearly, emission, reflection and dark.  I think I prefer #1--a bit of green creeping there in the last one (boundary between red and blue)--not terrible though--its nice as well.  But #1 for me.

Rodd

Good going from your latitudes, Carole.

I don't think your three colour channels are quite perfectly registered. What I'd do at this stage, personally, is split them, save them, take them into Registar and register/crop-pad red and blue to green then take them back into Ps. You could then replace the red and blue channels with the Registar ones.

Olly

I don't think your three colour channels are quite perfectly registered. What I'd do at this stage, personally, is split them, save them, take them into Registar and register/crop-pad red and blue to green then take them back into Ps. You could then replace the red and blue channels with the Registar ones.

Hi Olly, they were already registered in Registar Olly, though I don't remember if I used the Crop pad, so will try that again and see if it makes any difference.

Carole 

Archived