SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tired of Peering Over Racey's Shoulder...

Mrs Racey

Hi to all...

Having peered over @Racey's shoulder for a while when he's been browsing the forum, I've realised what a friendly, helpful bunch you are... :icon_biggrin: 

So, having been observing together for a while, I decided it was high time to create my own profile. So here I am...

We're lucky enough to have a reasonable selection of scopes to use, so there's no squabbling if we want to observe different portions of our pretty good rural sky from time to time. :thumbsup: 

So, hello from me to you.

Susie

(14" Flextube Dob, 8" EdgeHD SCT, Evostar ED80, TS Carbon INED 70mm, Lunt LS50THa)

IMG_8769.thumb.JPG.60698895fef5e6cfd543ddcb6934ec2d.JPG

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warm welcome to the SGL.
Racey won't be able to make any excuses now about costs and bits that are essential  to astronomy, without Mrs Racey more involved! 
My wife seems oblivious to some of the expenses involved, and can't understand how I have managed to buy something recently for another project after selling some old lenses! Even secondhand, Delos are expensive, but enough to buy some KRK Rokit's  with change to spare for some other essentials?.........seemed like a good choice considering I have wanted some KRK's for several Years now and with my present set of oculars working as well as I can expect, my setup is complete, just need some dark/darker nights for observing.

g'day Susie and welcome to SGL. Fortunately Mr Racey got wind of your impending membership and got a request in early enough for us moderators to delete all posts pertaining to his purchases ;)
Enjoy your stay at SGL

Hello and welcome.    There are some wonderful people on this forum.  I have had great help and advice in the short time I have been corresponding.

I was amused to read of the absence of 'scope conflict' when it comes to observing.   My partner would use my 200PDS as a planter if I was away for more than a week !!

.... but she does like gardening more than the skies......   "all linked together"  I keep reminding her.

Anyway,  all the best.

Sean

Thanks for the concerns chaps. But as Head of Household Finances @Mrs Racey has signed all the Capital Expenditure forms to date... ?

Having had to put my case imploringly and persuasively she's well aware a 14" Flextube costs £97.50 and a Pressure Tuned Lunt £56.30... ?

2 hours ago, Craney said:

.... but she does like gardening more than the skies......   "all linked together"  I keep reminding her.

Gardening by day. Observing by (cloudless) night... There's a time for everything ?

2 hours ago, Racey said:

Having had to put my case imploringly and persuasively she's well aware a 14" Flextube costs £97.50 and a Pressure Tuned Lunt £56.30... ?

Part of the long term strategy is to let you think I'm unaware... ?

1 hour ago, Daniel-K said:

:hello: Hello Susie 

Hey Dan. So looking forward to meeting you soon.

Haven't we been lucky since Simon nipped up to collect the scope... I thought that a 14" would result in at least a month of permacloud. But we've been out each night since...

I think tonight's forecast isn't good. But 3 straight nights has been a bonus :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Rollageyder said:

You have a lovely collection of scopes that I can only dream about ... one day perhaps.

Dreams can come true... I'm chasing @Racey to finish Gary Fildes book so I can read it. The true story of a Sunderland Bricklayer who became Head Astronomer and Founder of Kielder Observatory.

But we must always cherish what we have too... 

Archived