Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 2017 SP Bookings Now Open

Grant

15 hours ago, Ally8446 said:

Booked Friday till Tuesday. Counting the days already ???

haha.  I've already packed my caravan and car ready.  c'mon, I want to get there early this year, so that I'm not late for the curry.

• Like 2

I'm now booked - but unfortunately only for Saturday night as Friday is Mrs DRT's birthday and I need to be at work on Monday morning. 

Looking forward to it :grin: 

• 2 weeks later...

After checking the dates of the October half-term I've now booked for Sat, Sun, and Mon.

Will probably bring the HEQ5 and either the Meg90 or ImagingStar 80.

Maybe the Star-Adventurer too.

Please book through FLO.

There are other groups booked in before / after us so it may not be possible to stay on the same pitch before and after the dates we have available - best to drop me a PM with the extra day details and I will check with Lucksall for you.

2 hours ago, Mav359 said:

Hey guys

Been completely off the radar this year its been crazy

are there still places for this year?

Be good to see you Alan, try and get into Kingfisher somewhere.

Dave

• Like 1

Anyone know if there would be an issue if me and the missus came down and slept in the car?  We have a thing that extends the back seat of the car to make it in to a bed, and my missus wouldn't be able to sleep in a tent at that time of year due to her health.

Needless to say, we would be taking all the normal precautions re stray light, not running the engine late at night, etc.

19 hours ago, BeerMe said:

Anyone know if there would be an issue if me and the missus came down and slept in the car?  We have a thing that extends the back seat of the car to make it in to a bed, and my missus wouldn't be able to sleep in a tent at that time of year due to her health.

Needless to say, we would be taking all the normal precautions re stray light, not running the engine late at night, etc.

To the best of my recollection this question comes up every year and (to the best of my recollection) the answer is theoretically yes, as long you book your own separate pitch.  However, I can tell you that, being essentially a metal box that will radiate heat like there is no tomorrow, a car is likely to get significantly colder than a tent.  

I suspect that running a car engine on a camp site for any period of more than a few minutes (day or night) is going to be make you deeply unpopular.  Also, I would have thought that running an engine for any period or more than a couple of minutes close to a tent is potentially very dangerous for the occupants of the tent.

Have you checked out whether there are still camping pods available?

11 hours ago, michaelmorris said:

To the best of my recollection this question comes up every year and (to the best of my recollection) the answer is theoretically yes, as long you book your own separate pitch.  However, I can tell you that, being essentially a metal box that will radiate heat like there is no tomorrow, a car is likely to get significantly colder than a tent.  

I suspect that running a car engine on a camp site for any period of more than a few minutes (day or night) is going to be make you deeply unpopular.  Also, I would have thought that running an engine for any period or more than a couple of minutes close to a tent is potentially very dangerous for the occupants of the tent.

Have you checked out whether there are still camping pods available?

Thanks Michael, I wasn't aware of the glamping pods and beach huts that are available for hire, but I'd guess we'd be more or less on our own and away from the main field(s) if we booked one of those?  It's definitely a better option than the car, regardless. 

Would that have to be booked through Lucksall direct?

10 hours ago, BeerMe said:

Thanks Michael, I wasn't aware of the glamping pods and beach huts that are available for hire, but I'd guess we'd be more or less on our own and away from the main field(s) if we booked one of those?  It's definitely a better option than the car, regardless. 

Would that have to be booked through Lucksall direct?

The pods are just outside the field that we all use.  So you are not as far away as you'd think.   You'd still be very much part of the crowd if you booked one of them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was at Lucksall last weekend and the have installed a barrier in front of the café at the start of the main drive that runs parallel with the river. A camera reads your car registration (which has to be registered with the campsite office) before it will open. 

This may effect those wishing to visit  SGL2017 at night.

Pitch allocations will be up by the end of the week - first draft is ready but some people have changed the pitch type they need so I'm just waiting for the changes to come back and will update and publish.

We still have plenty of space if anybody is still to book :-)

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, daz said:

@BeerMe

You can indeed book a pitch and sleep in your car - please see our dedicated web info site at http://sglsp.com/

But as Michael says, we certainly wouldn't recommend running the engine all night!

Thanks Daz, ideally we could book a glamping pod for a few nights - I've emailed FLO to see how we go about this.  If that isn't an option, it'll probably have to be the car as my wife wouldn't survive a night in a tent never mind a few.

We have been going to Lucksall since SGL4 and many members use the local pubs although the camp site does stock many beers and ciders. The nearest pub 'The Moon', an easy walk, had this honour in the local paper today.

So if you fancy a good star party, meeting new friends, with good pubs nearby we look forward to seeing you in October.

moon001.jpg