SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 2017 SP Bookings Now Open

Grant

13 hours ago, simmo70 said:

Ok cheers,

what about electricity are all pitches  elec hookup ? and big enough for  large tent car and scope ?

Second to Grant, the pitches are a good size. Last year I was able to fit 2 tents (a 4 and a 3 berth) on a single pitch with plenty of room to spare for telescopes and my car on the grass in front.

18 hours ago, simmo70 said:

Ok cheers,

what about electricity are all pitches  elec hookup ? and big enough for  large tent car and scope ?

The pitch that I have will be big enough for sure.  My plan is to park a Caravan, Add an awning, toilet tent, telescope and car.     Even with all of that in place.  I'm still expecting that there will be room for on the pitch.   I'm going for a hard standing on Kingfisher.   The pitches all looked to be roughly the same size.  i.e. plenty big enough :)

4 hours ago, Jonk said:

For anyone worried about pitch sizes, here's a couple of photos I took last year before I left. This is Kingfisher, and the lonely motorhome is pitch 15

IMG_20161103_143845345.thumb.jpg.2e0a67c39a8b5f8aeeb285b4f6b5c373.jpg

IMG_20161103_143651934.thumb.jpg.4975523c7bd0d3611ce6390b450c2a2f.jpg

The motorhome does look lonely. We've booked the whole week this year. We'll be the lonely motorhome! The weather's so rubbish at home, I've not done any decent images since the nights started drawing in. I hope it will be better there.

Anne

Lol, you'll not be the lonely motor home.  There will be both you and Jonk.   I'll most likely by the lonely Caravan.  We're all on Kingfisher, so it should be less lonely than last year for me, everyone else who was left was on Kingfisher.   :)

33 minutes ago, Azbec said:

Is an RCD required for the electric hookups at the site?

I think recommended rather than required. I have run my observation kit without one at the site three times without a problem but if you have a pile of imaging kit attached it is probably sensible to have an RCD in there somewhere.

Edited by DRT

13 hours ago, Azbec said:

Is an RCD required for the electric hookups at the site?

You'd be extremely well adviced to have an RCD somewhere in the system when plugging into the EHU.

If you are camping then something like this would do the job....

https://www.leisureoutlet.com/mains-hook-ups-and-inverters/electric-and-power/camping-and-outdoors/36740-maypole-230v-mobile-mains-unit?gclid=Cj0KCQjwruPNBRCKARIsAEYNXIjcce1AjcMo10YKv-90kxumkc99NWyp_IGrhbKs8iKpSCqQx8gcggQaAooAEALw_wcB

If you have a caravan/motorhome, then then should already be one inside the van.

Personally I think anyone that doesn't have an RCD somewhere in their setup is asking for trouble.

13 hours ago, DRT said:

I think recommended rather than required. I have run my observation kit without one at the site three times without a problem but if you have a pile of imaging kit attached it is probably sensible to have an RCD in there somewhere.

26 minutes ago, cjdawson said:

You'd be extremely well adviced to have an RCD somewhere in the system when plugging into the EHU.

If you are camping then something like this would do the job....

https://www.leisureoutlet.com/mains-hook-ups-and-inverters/electric-and-power/camping-and-outdoors/36740-maypole-230v-mobile-mains-unit?gclid=Cj0KCQjwruPNBRCKARIsAEYNXIjcce1AjcMo10YKv-90kxumkc99NWyp_IGrhbKs8iKpSCqQx8gcggQaAooAEALw_wcB

If you have a caravan/motorhome, then then should already be one inside the van.

Personally I think anyone that doesn't have an RCD somewhere in their setup is asking for trouble.

Thanks both. I'll make sure to get ahold of one!

Just now, Starflyer said:

Hi @Grant, I didn't book food when I originally booked our pitch, how do I book some meals now?

Cheers,

Ian

You can book food anytime up until a week or so before:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sgl-sp-booking.html

Same as extra nights - I will join up all the bookings for the same person :)

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Dunno but the O2 signal is crap :grin:

Dave

15 minutes ago, Freff said:

I have been going to Lucksall  for years and have had no problems on EE.

I also use EE for my laptop hotspot. hth

Thanks chaps. I’ll bear it in mind Dave in. See I ever accidentally join O2! ?