Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents.thumb.jpg.587637e0d01baf4b6d21b73610610bbb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
poltabs

Right angled finder

I was wondering if anyone had tried the idea of using a right angled finder onto the polar scope to ease viewing and aligning?

I have a neck injury and so trying to make things easier. Any ideas or tips before i start?

Many thanks

Try shimming a green laser pointer in place of the polar scope to get rough alignment and then use the drift method after that.

I'm sure that I've read of folks who make a DIY RA viewer to fit their polar finder from an RA viewing that you get for SLR's / DSLR's and some plastic tube to fit over the polar finder eyepiece :icon_scratch:

You practially have to do that with the Celestron AVX mount because there is a large plastic latitude knob that gets in the way of the eyepiece when you try and use a polar finder straight through !

You could try adding a webcam to your polar scope. There's an Astronomyshed youtube showing you how to do it. 

I think about this every time I'm polar aligning!!

Ian